Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing tail light on 2012 street bob

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Jimmy2Ball
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing tail light on 2012 street bob

I am going to remove the tail light on my 2012 street bob and use the signal light as signal/brake light like on the 2013 street bob. Can i just the same lights and just rewire?

Old 04-17-2013, 07:09 PM
oldlefty
Tourer

i think your bob is set up for that already. try and unplug connector to tail light to see if it all works normal. your bike have the sparto tail light?

Old 04-17-2013, 07:11 PM
oldlefty
Tourer

there is a connector behind the light. reach up in there and unplug.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:23 PM
Jimmy2Ball
Intermediate

Yep it has the Sparto tail light. I like the look of the clean fender.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:27 PM
oldlefty
Tourer

yea me too. i took mine off but put a plate holder in its place. would have run side mount but i run bags all the time and there isn't any room.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Tomsprops
Advanced

The Answer is NO ! The entire ECM is "Programed " thru the Running lights . If you have a Security System it will default and have issues .I'm doing the complete opposite on my 2013 StreetBob .
I've removed the SB Fender and have replaced it with a Superglide rear fender . That required me to purchase a New Wire harness and I need to have the computer reprogramed to recognize that it now is a superglide wire harness with that type of taillights .
If you want to convert it ? Let me know I will sell all of my factory stuff to convert your set up to a turn signal/led sidemount lic plate deal off a 2013 streetbob . All Factory stuff .

Old 04-18-2013, 12:51 AM
oldlefty
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tomsprops
The Answer is NO ! The entire ECM is "Programed " thru the Running lights . If you have a Security System it will default and have issues .I'm doing the complete opposite on my 2013 StreetBob .
I've removed the SB Fender and have replaced it with a Superglide rear fender . That required me to purchase a New Wire harness and I need to have the computer reprogramed to recognize that it now is a superglide wire harness with that type of taillights .
If you want to convert it ? Let me know I will sell all of my factory stuff to convert your set up to a turn signal/led sidemount lic plate deal off a 2013 streetbob . All Factory stuff .
hhmmm, your bike is a 13' canbus bike. not sure about this 12' that he has. i don't know much about the new bikes but is the 12' a canbus electrical system also?
mine is an 11' and i replaced the sparto with a different LED light. i haven't tested it yet. hopefully there wont be probs. as far as i know it's just 12v system. if it needs to see a load from tail running light, that can be faked with a resistor i think. i may be wrong, someone will correct me and inform me. anyone??

Old 04-18-2013, 05:02 AM
rs87277
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

my 2012 works just fine with the light un plugged. I bought a new fender and had the holes filled in by Joe from Powder Pro and i just use the turn lamps as my brake lights also. Look awesome

Old 04-18-2013, 05:03 AM
rs87277
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i put a side mount plate holder so nothing is on the fender

Old 04-18-2013, 06:04 AM
Jimmy2Ball
Intermediate

Thanks for leting me know this worked on the 2012. I will give it try this weekend and see how it works. I purchased the side mount plate bracket and will be pulling off the fender to have have it filled and painted when I take off the front end to have if powder coated.

I am also starting to like the seat you have. Is it comfortable? I have the H-D Brawler on mine now but really like the look of the spring seat.

Quick Reply: Removing tail light on 2012 street bob