Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 09:24 AM
petefwa
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Three new bikes in the last 11 years and the original battery has lasted about 3 years in all of them, l don't have to deal with the winters some of you guys have either though.
Oem has been the cheapest replacement option here in Australia.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:12 AM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 757 Likes on 404 Posts

8" of snow last week, rode to work yesterday, still some snow in the grass but finally warm enough (low 50s on the way to and from work)and roads dry enough to take her out. Been itching to ride for quite a while

Old 12-17-2018, 11:26 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,663 Likes on 936 Posts

^^^
Great pic! I'd pull up a chair on my lunch break and just stare at 'er! I'd love to ride but they were dumping salt on the road last night by the dump truck full.

Old 12-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by John CC
I'm sure a lot of folks will disagree, but, I don't believe in continuous use of a battery tender or any other charging device. I believe they ultimately shorten the life of the battery. I've had good luck charging them for a day or so every month or so during winter months. Also, I avoid bringing them inside during the winter; all chemical reactions proceed more quickly when warm, including battery degradation.

I sold one of my bikes in October and the battery was almost 7 years old and still going strong.
This is one of those things that is so wildly inconsistent. I'm a big believer in battery "tenderizing." The tender doesn't constantly charge as you probably know. It just monitors and tops off when needed. I got 10 years from my OEM battery in my Sporty, which was always tendered. Yet other people get 2 years and it's done. You don't tender all the time, you get 7 years. I can't figure it out.

Old 12-17-2018, 11:49 AM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 757 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
^^^
Great pic! I'd pull up a chair on my lunch break and just stare at 'er! I'd love to ride but they were dumping salt on the road last night by the dump truck full.
Ha the break room is directly behind me in that picture and has huge windows so technically I did sit on my lunch break and stare at it! lol

Old 12-17-2018, 02:34 PM
John CC
HDF Community Team
Received 800 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
The tender doesn't constantly charge as you probably know. It just monitors and tops off when needed.
Not mine! Whe the battery voltage stabilizes at "full" it goes into "float" mode where it maintains a voltage just slightly above the battery's voltage.

Old 12-18-2018, 02:10 PM
XLC
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whaddup my fellow Low Riders? I just traded in my sportster for a 2014 FXDL and am loving it so far!
The bike is totally stock as of now and I was wondering if anyone had tried to mount a Memphis Shades Road Warrior fairing to theirs? What headlight mount did you use?

Thanks in a advance for the replies and I'll be sure to post some pics when I make the bike mine a little more.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:59 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by XLC
Whaddup my fellow Low Riders? I just traded in my sportster for a 2014 FXDL and am loving it so far!
The bike is totally stock as of now and I was wondering if anyone had tried to mount a Memphis Shades Road Warrior fairing to theirs? What headlight mount did you use?

Thanks in a advance for the replies and I'll be sure to post some pics when I make the bike mine a little more.
Congrats!! I did that 6 months ago and never looked back.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:58 PM
waterfordhunter
Cruiser
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by XLC

Nice!! I just picked up a new to me 2014 FXDL last month. I figured out a lot of what I like and what works for me while building my Iron. Unfortunately the deal I made with my wife to pick up a new bike means my Iron will be going up for sale next month. So far I’m loving the FXDL. Stage 1 is done. Suspension is up next.

Old 12-19-2018, 03:49 AM
Graham UK
Tourer
Received 167 Likes on 113 Posts

Congratulations. I traded in my Sportster (together with my Indian Scout 60) for a 2014 Low Rider just over a year ago and, while sorry to have to let the Sportster go, I have no regrets. The Low Rider is a fabulous bike.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider