General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage Queens

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 06:02 PM
pipeman1978
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dang backs!

1995 Heritage Softail Classic
Originally Posted by Ragtop
"That's what 2 back surgeries and a bout with cancer will do. I'm happy to see the bike there just in case. When he has a real good day now he may put 15 miles on it - back brace and all. Those 15 are as good as a 1000 mile trip when it comes to helping him feel better. I'm sure some days just looking at it is a good thing."

Unfortunately, that is pretty much where I'm at now in my life. Five back surgeries, the last one being a failed 5 level fusion, leaves me with a LOT
of pain on a daily basis, but I refuse to sell my bike! Even if I can only ride for an hour or so, it's the best hour of the day/week/month.
I suppose my bikes and cars are garage queens, but I could care less. The bike is almost perfect for a 14 yr old bike.
I could care less about what people think about me or my bikes. All that matters to me is that I can still ride, and enjoy the bike, even if
it's only a short ride around town.. Plus, when I do sell, someone will get a very nice bike!
And yes, I do probably do more looking at it and tinkering with it than I do riding..haha

My wife has had 4 back surgery's. The third the doctor messed up and put a scerw into her nerve pouch instead of the bone. Then the fourth was to fix it. She has came a long way in 7 years and I've done everything I can to make her comfortable, now I have a guy redoing the seat for her and my comfort. I to have the start of back issues, and every year it gets a little worse. Trying to pay off the bike asap, but dread the day if I have to let her go. The bike that is. It's a green bike and been own by almost all my uncle's and a cousin. Funny thing is every last one of us that has own this bike has back issues.

Old 01-31-2019, 09:49 PM
Steve Sportster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2,256 Likes on 1,096 Posts

Lots of "garage queens" out there. I have a neighbor who has a Road King and a Street Glide, both beautiful machines. Never seen him take a ride in 3-1/2 years I've lived here. He can do what he want's and put all the LTR stuff on he wants. He paid for it all. I get the LTR irony, but lots of us have stuff we don't use much. Just think of all the collector cars out there.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:36 AM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,343 Likes on 1,549 Posts

Originally Posted by pipeman1978

1995 Heritage Softail Classic
Funny thing is every last one of us that has own this bike has back issues.
Sorry for the pain. It's not that GREEN bike causing the pain, it's the alleys and crappy roads.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:17 AM
pipeman1978
Advanced
Default Nice ride

Originally Posted by TSheff
Sorry for the pain. It's not that GREEN bike causing the pain, it's the alleys and crappy roads.
The roads here in Bay City Michigan are hell at best! I dread the first few ride because of all the opened potholes. This city barely cares about cars let alone bikes. We had a rider speeding over bridge and he hit a pothole flinging him and his passenger along with the bike flying. The driver sadly passed, and scared a bus load of little kids for life. But because of his excess speed it was his fault not the deep nasty pothole, go figure. Nice ride tho, mine was a repaint when new to match the 96. I need to repaint the bike, not sure if I'm going to keep the color or change it up to the 95 blue silver 2 tone with some custom color pin stripes. I have about a year to make up my mind.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:38 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,086 Likes on 8,915 Posts

Originally Posted by maydaymike
Wait! There's really mileage police? How do I join?
Send me $10 a year. You will get a nice framable certificate for your wall and a laminated wallet size card. $100 is a life time membership and you also get a Nice Hat.

Old 02-01-2019, 10:21 AM
pipeman1978
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cygnusx51
I think “Loud Pipes Save Lives” patches and stickers are just as comical as the LTR RTL crappola.
I have loud pipes save lives patch souly because the ahole cop which pulls me over every season once to ask why I haven't fixed my exhaust. I tell him cause loud pipes save my life and it's the truth then remind him his chef of police has already signed off on the ticket. He proceeds to write a ticket and the judge throws it out.

Last edited by pipeman1978; 02-01-2019 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:22 AM
TnFatboy
Road Master
Received 412 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by HD_fan
I bought my 2009 Fatboy last Nov with 700 miles! I never let high mile bike scare me from buying them but I was a little iffy on this one. The bike also came with stage one with the original fuel pack. I bought the bike and it runs perfect! As a matter of fact I find myself not riding my Springer as much. The only thing I added is the LED taillight.
good lookin bike man

Old 02-08-2019, 05:22 AM
pipeman1978
Advanced
Default Nice ride!

Originally Posted by TnFatboy

good lookin bike man
Good looking bike, ride on!

Old 02-08-2019, 09:06 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,149 Likes on 5,594 Posts

Guy across the street from me is a RTL guy. He's got an 04 Sporty covered in every RTL trinket he can find. He pulls out into the driveway about once a month, starts it up, revs the **** out of it for about 5 minutes or so then lets it sit in the driveway idling for 20-30 minutes. Most times he puts it right back in the garage, sometimes he rides it in to town and back (about 3 or 4 miles round trip) then puts it away.
I told my wife that when he finally does sell it somebody is going to think they are getting a hell of a deal on 15 or 20 year old bike with less than 1000 miles on it. LOL.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:48 AM
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,032 Likes on 6,215 Posts

I had a neighbor that purchase a Harley, hardly rode it and just show it off to his friends.

Quick Reply: Garage Queens