Notices
Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

I have a few questions about fuelpak

Old 09-14-2010, 07:23 PM
fatboylo56
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a few questions about fuelpak

I just recently bought a 2011 fat boy lo and purchased the V&H Big radius 2 to 1 exhaust and the drak intake. I also purchased the fuelpak but the dealer is telling me that it will 1 void my warranty and 2 most likely mess up my ecu. Instead they are trying to get me to do there race tune which would be better for the bike and also still be covered under warranty. The only thing is its $200 more then the fuelpak. What would i be better off doing????

Old 09-14-2010, 08:46 PM
MLCrow1

Interesting they would tell you it would void warranty, my dealer actually suggested it and I've had one on my 2007 Street Glide for over 15,000 miles with no issues. It is probably not going to give as much power as the SE unit, but, they seem to be a good product and easy to setup especially when using V & H pipes (I have true duals and monster ovals),

Old 09-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Fatboy Brian
Elite HDF Member
Received 120 Likes on 61 Posts

My dealer told me it would void the warranty on my 08 FB if I didn't buy one with the V & H pipes that they installed before I left the dealership.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Avalanche123
One Of The Regulars

I went with the SERT and I am pleased with it. I did read the that with the fuel pack from V&H you are limited to what you can do with anything beyond a Stage 2.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:10 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Technically the V&H pipes void your warranty, or some of it. So does the race tuner. Different dealers will give you different stories, depending on what they want to sell you. The same dealer will tell you different stories from time to time, depending on their management. HD has to prove what you did caused the warranty issue, they won't question something like a frame break, but could look more carefully at a burned valve.

Install the tuner that you want. If you want the best for the bike and are a DIYer, consider the TTS tuning kit. Same concept as the HD product but less money, easier to use, does a better job, and there is plenty of tech support around here. Should you have a warranty issue and are anxious about it, you can easily program back to stock and not leave a footprint (or to remove the FP for that matter). If you name the MAP right, you don't even have to reprogram the bike. Now hiding the V&H pipes may be a different issue

Last edited by ColdCase; 09-15-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Led Sled

I put a Fuel Pak on my 2010 Street Glide after changing my pipes (removed cat). It ran like poo. I called V&H and I could tell they were having issues with this but they didnt directly say it. Found out that the bikes with cats in the head pipe have the timing really retarded from the factory. Anyway, installed TTS and WOW what a diff. You need a tuner that has the capabilities to change the timing. The FP does not (and cannot) adjust timing. Trust me, its like night and day.

BTW...I have a Fuel Pak on my 05 Softail and it runs great so I'm not bashing the FP.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:25 PM
fatboylo56

yeah thats what i traded for my bike was a 05 softail

Old 04-29-2016, 11:09 AM
rjwin

I had a 2014 Street Glide Special. I only changed the mufflers to Street Cannons. No tuner. It ran very well and accelerated quickly. I bought a 2015 Heritage Softail. I changed the exhaust to Vance and Hines True Duals. I installed the Fuelpak 3 with the V&H map for the exhaust with a stock breather. It runs cooler, stock was very hot, but I don't think it has near the get along as the Street Glide. The dealer said they have the same engine, but I know something is different. The SG would nearly raise the front end in normal shifting. The Heritage has to be cranked on hard to keep up with my friend's ultra. I hate to keep putting out money for one tuner after another. Had I known about TTS, I probably would have gone that way.

Last edited by rjwin; 04-29-2016 at 11:29 AM.