Sponsored by:

Advice on these mods...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 04:15 PM
ral819
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Advice on these mods...

Just asking for some advice on this upgrade. SE High Flow Air Breather, Fuel Moto Headpipe, Cobra Neighbor Hater 4" mufflers, TTS Master tune single programmer, SE Stage II Tq Cam... My question lies around whether to change the head pipe, or go with the Harley full system and move the cat back to the mufflers? Also, do I stop at the Stage I, or keep going with the Stage II which eliminates another Dyno tune if I wait ? There is a heat issue when the temps get above 80' and was wondering if that would go away with a Stage I and slip ons or do I need to change the Head Pipe ?

Old 06-20-2017, 04:35 PM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 994 Likes on 591 Posts

You're going to void your warranty with the TTS tuner anyway, so no need to have an exhaust with a cat in it. I'd go with the catless headpipe.

Old 06-20-2017, 04:36 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,252 Likes on 3,626 Posts

Originally Posted by ral819
Just asking for some advice on this upgrade. SE High Flow Air Breather, Fuel Moto Headpipe, Cobra Neighbor Hater 4" mufflers, TTS Master tune single programmer, SE Stage II Tq Cam... My question lies around whether to change the head pipe, or go with the Harley full system and move the cat back to the mufflers? Also, do I stop at the Stage I, or keep going with the Stage II which eliminates another Dyno tune if I wait ? There is a heat issue when the temps get above 80' and was wondering if that would go away with a Stage I and slip ons or do I need to change the Head Pipe ?

I don't know how much you will gain stage II smog cam but I would bet not much since the cam still has -7 degrees of overlap.. Here is a comparison of stock head pipe verses decat on a stage 1.. If you want that FM pipe to do you good go with an aftermarket cam like then Woods 222, one of the Tman, cycle rama, or even Andrews..

Old 06-20-2017, 06:33 PM
blackeg84
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
You're going to void your warranty with the TTS tuner anyway, so no need to have an exhaust with a cat in it. I'd go with the catless headpipe.
From my understanding you can flash the TTS back to original OEM
and not leaving a foot print that it was even there. You can do this before you take the bike into the shop for a warranty issue

Could be wrong but I got clarification from a couple places

Old 06-20-2017, 07:04 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by blackeg84
From my understanding you can flash the TTS back to original OEM
and not leaving a foot print that it was even there. You can do this before you take the bike into the shop for a warranty issue

Could be wrong but I got clarification from a couple places
If these are the upgrades you want to do to your bike I say go for it and enjoy it. I would go ahead and count on losing the warranty that way it won't be a shocker if something comes up. You are already thinking about these upgrades so my guess is you won't be happy til you do them so go ahead and roll the dice and enjoy what you paid for.

Old 06-20-2017, 08:09 PM
Soon2Be1
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Something I've learned about this warranty fiasco, ask the dealer you bought the bike from if they install the items you want will they cover you on the warranty. MoCo won't cover it if there is a "footprint" and yes you can flash back to stock but the ECM does have memory and will be readable, IF, MoCo comes to inspect the claim.

Old 06-20-2017, 08:27 PM
ral819
Tourer

Good points... I did inquire about that. I can't go into details. Something about TTS manufactured SEPST's at one time...? I was just discussing upgrades, and getting rid of the Cat... This RGS has 3300 miles and I'm waiting to see what transpires in the future. I did get some prices on the parts though.

Old 06-20-2017, 08:31 PM
blackeg84
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Soon2Be1
Something I've learned about this warranty fiasco, ask the dealer you bought the bike from if they install the items you want will they cover you on the warranty. MoCo won't cover it if there is a "footprint" and yes you can flash back to stock but the ECM does have memory and will be readable, IF, MoCo comes to inspect the claim.

So the ECM even though re setted to stock will show it's stock calibrations but will show something changed them at one point ?

Really if this is true no matter what tuner you use the tune cannot be a quality tune I guess. Those DL they provide are not the best

Old 06-20-2017, 08:34 PM
ral819
Tourer

That's what I was told, even though returned to stock, they can still see there had been a change...

Old 06-20-2017, 08:38 PM
blackeg84
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ral819
That's what I was told, even though returned to stock, they can still see there had been a change...
Can I ask the source ?
If it matters I talked to TTS and my HD dealer

How i got into the convo was I was told powervison is s option because it won't leave a footprint.

But I am a TTS guy, I had it on my last 3 bikes

Quick Reply: Advice on these mods...