Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M8 Engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 08:06 AM
6113_
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 32,998 Likes on 12,901 Posts

I guess I'm imagining something like a red cloth shop rag being left in the motor somewhere.

After everything was installed, where would that rag possibly be? And outside the oil fill hole, where else would you pull pieces of the rag from once everything was back together?

Old 04-14-2018, 08:10 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,474 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscott1188

why should I get a rebuild on a brand new bike
Well you know a rebuild is new parts to replace any damaged parts.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:11 AM
jjkrueg
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 6113_
I guess I'm imagining something like a red cloth shop rag being left in the motor somewhere.

After everything was installed, where would that rag possibly be? And outside the oil fill hole, where else would you pull pieces of the rag from once everything was back together?

I was thinking the same thing, must have been a small piece of paper shop towel maybe?

Old 04-14-2018, 08:18 AM
jjscott1188
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a picture of my bike it’s normal practice to do this so nothing get dropped into lowercase one or both rags were left and in when he installed top end

Old 04-14-2018, 08:19 AM
jjscott1188
Novice

Once it was taken back apart the rag was in lower end

Old 04-14-2018, 08:37 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,528 Likes on 4,425 Posts

This is a picture of my bike it’s normal practice to do this so nothing get dropped into lowercase one or both rags were left and in when he installed top end
so he put the cylinders on over the rag..wow...that's a new record for being a special kind of stupid..a dumbass of that caliber should never be allowed to handle anything sharper than a Twinkie

Attached Thumbnails M8 Engine-80s-aamco-ads-800x450.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
madmat (04-14-2018)
Old 04-14-2018, 08:38 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,741 Likes on 931 Posts

why should I get a rebuild on a brand new bike
The question is why did you let them rebuild a brand new bike? That is what they did when they installed the stage 4 kit. The only thing thing they will be doing that they haven't already done is split the cases. Are they offering to replace the crankshaft? It may or may not need that, but I would probably want that done. You could also demand that they replace the oil pump, oil cooler, and oil tank since small pieces could have gone through the pump and gotten into the cooler and the tank. If they just install a new motor they might not replace the cooler and the tank.

If they replace the motor with a new one and you still want the stage 4 kit, they will have to tear the new motor down to install the kit, they don't come from the MOCO with the kit installed in them. If the MOCO operated like most auto manufacturers they would offer the upgrades installed at the factory and let buyers order them, but they don't.

Sorry you are having problems, but things can happen when you're working on a motor. How a rag gets left in one is a little beyond my comprehension. You do know that the stage three and four kits have a much higher incidence of sumping than the stock motors? When I first started reading this thread that is what I thought had happened until I got to the rag part.

The following users liked this post:
LoneWoolf (04-15-2018)
Old 04-14-2018, 08:47 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,741 Likes on 931 Posts

I find that remarkable. But I have changed my mind, I would demand a new motor, why in hell would they do a motor partly in gray and partly in black. That motor should be blacked out all the way!

Old 04-14-2018, 08:51 AM
jjscott1188
Novice

Originally Posted by $tonecold
I find that remarkable. But I have changed my mind, I would demand a new motor, why in hell would they do a motor partly in gray and partly in black. That motor should be blacked out all the way!
that’s the way the gunship grey cvo came

Old 04-14-2018, 08:55 AM
jjscott1188
Novice

Originally Posted by $tonecold
The question is why did you let them rebuild a brand new bike? That is what they did when they installed the stage 4 kit. The only thing thing they will be doing that they haven't already done is split the cases. Are they offering to replace the crankshaft? It may or may not need that, but I would probably want that done. You could also demand that they replace the oil pump, oil cooler, and oil tank since small pieces could have gone through the pump and gotten into the cooler and the tank. If they just install a new motor they might not replace the cooler and the tank.

If they replace the motor with a new one and you still want the stage 4 kit, they will have to tear the new motor down to install the kit, they don't come from the MOCO with the kit installed in them. If the MOCO operated like most auto manufacturers they would offer the upgrades installed at the factory and let buyers order them, but they don't.

Sorry you are having problems, but things can happen when you're working on a motor. How a rag gets left in one is a little beyond my comprehension. You do know that the stage three and four kits have a much higher incidence of sumping than the stock motors? When I first started reading this thread that is what I thought had happened until I got to the rag part.
what do you mean by sumping? Yes they said they would replace oil pump, bag, pan

Quick Reply: M8 Engine