Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is everyone with a power vision getting a custom tune?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior
Received 255 Likes on 158 Posts
Default is everyone with a power vision getting a custom tune?

there seem to be very limited maps available for the PV tuner. i am thinking of adding cams and air cleaner to my bike.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:53 AM
JeffJA
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just do an auto tune with it.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:59 AM
KingBowser
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hopefully you got your tuner from Fuel Moto, they offer unlimited tune support. If you didn't get the tuner from them, buy your cams and aircleaner from them and I'm sure they'll help you out with the tune as well. Great guys!!

Old 03-01-2016, 12:05 PM
Tired
Elite HDF Member
Received 4,451 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffJA
Just do an auto tune with it.
Yep, why wouldn't you? That's one of the good things about them. Although I know people that flashed in the tune they were sent, then put the PV back in the box and never touched it again. Kinda silly. That's barely scratching the surface of what they can do for you.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:09 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

I flashed a fuel moto tune for the stage 1, installed cams and autotuned, and had the dyno done after that. The bike ran best after a couple hrs on the dyno.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:26 PM
Berick
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Powervision from Fuel Moto gives you a custom tune for all the addons that "you" have on "your" bike. The bonus to using Fuel Moto is that say 2 years down the road you decide to put in some cams. They'll send you a new updated tune for those cams free. Say 5 years later you go with a big bore kit and some better heads.... same thing, call Fuel Moto and they'll sent you a new custom tune for free. The service goes on as long as you own that bike and Powervision. The service doesn't just stop when you leave the shop or get your package in the mail. If you went to the dealership and had them tune your bike everytime.... it would cost about $200.00 each time where I'm from. The Powervision allows for growth and the customer service from Fuel Moto allows that growth to come in at a fraction of the cost of going to a dealer. Plus, the tunes are better and the Powervision offers a ton of options.

Make sure to run the Auto-tune function on the Powervision several times though. I ran it 7 times after install to get my bike running perfectly.

Old 03-01-2016, 02:29 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts

note of caution- if you are going to run auto tune be sure to first exclude the 30kpa and under region from the auto tuning process- this is in the auto tune settings in the powervision. Otherwise you'll keep leaning out the decel fuel VE's and create decel popping / cracking. you can also end up leaning out the idle region which makes for a hotter idle. most bikes will idle around 30kpa.

For custom tune maps FM is your best bet- if you contact DJ for a map it is going to be hit or miss. Try to get "Roy" at DJ as he's very well versed with PV and tuning in general.

the ultimate in fuel tuning however is buying the target tune add on with wide band o2 sensors. I just installed it and it is awesome. my VE's were dialed in after 2 runs and it maintains my performance fuel map perfectly.

no one has mentioned spark advance timing here in regards to cam upgrades- which is something that can only be done by an experienced tuner or reviewing your ride log data and making incremental adjustments. auto tune will not adjust spark timing to optimal.

Last edited by LA_Dog; 03-01-2016 at 02:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tbplayer (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 04:43 AM
otaramc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=LA_Dog;14896239]note of caution- if you are going to run auto tune be sure to first exclude the 30kpa and under region from the auto tuning process- this is in the auto tune settings in the powervision. Otherwise you'll keep leaning out the decel fuel VE's and create decel popping / cracking. you can also end up leaning out the idle region which makes for a hotter idle. most bikes will idle around 30kpa.

... where is this 30kpa setting we have to exclude?

Old 05-16-2017, 05:41 AM
Back-n-Black
Road Warrior
Received 427 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey Drew
there seem to be very limited maps available for the PV tuner. i am thinking of adding cams and air cleaner to my bike.
Who you buy from?

FuelMoto has a map for just about any configuration....

Old 05-16-2017, 07:14 AM
swifty
Tourer
Received 88 Likes on 40 Posts

I always thought that the map Must be close. And then run an auto tune. I'm kind of thinking that you just cant throw in cams and run an auto tune with an existing map. Am I missing something here??????

Quick Reply: is everyone with a power vision getting a custom tune?