Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 08:20 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by zombiefrog
Deposit went down on the Breakout a week after the spill, wasn't going to let it stop me. It seemed like a good deal, hardly broken in and not much more than a new fatbob.

I have a twin bike TTS, first hit went on the Dyna, so when I get a free weekend I will complete a few tuning runs. Major thing is to get it richer for cooler running, especially with the 40c+ heat that's rapidly approaching. I will take the current tyres through this summer and then swap them over for the Night Dragons.
Main thing I commonly hear is the SE255 cams run hot on that motor. The VE's in your tune are already configured rather lean especially in the lug, idle and cruise areas of the VE tables- HD does this on purpose for emissions and limiting power in these areas to reduce chance of "novice rider" engine damage during break-in. Also the AFR table is set for 14.6 in these same areas, which is great for economy and emissions but bad for heat.

If you are tuning with narrow band o2 sensors then you'll only be able to tune for 14.6 and only in the cruise / idle areas of tables. Is your TTS compatible with the CVO 110?

Last edited by LA_Dog; 05-11-2015 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:24 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Woody.
Thanks Dog,
the mirrors are called Rizoma Circuit - nice looking indeed.
I would prefer the TB rear-kit here, too ... probably better to save to extra money of the CVO for some parts.
Yeh I found a pair of these black Rizoma Circuit 851's on ebay lightly used for pretty cheap. Should be here this week. I occasionally browse the thunderbike.de site to see what's new with aftermarket parts. I could go broke ordering from that site- lots of cool stuff.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:32 AM
Woody.
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The mirrors are cool. Usually Rizoma is a bit expensive. Got some stuff of them at my racer.

Yes, some cool ideas. Have you seen their mod with the Nightrod Lamp & Cover on Breakout? I´ve also thought about a 9x21" rear wheel - I think it fits with the oem swingarm, so not "that much" to do here ;-)

Old 05-11-2015, 09:30 AM
zombiefrog
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Main thing I commonly hear is the SE255 cams run hot on that motor. The VE's in your tune are already configured rather lean especially in the lug, idle and cruise areas of the VE tables- HD does this on purpose for emissions and limiting power in these areas to reduce chance of "novice rider" engine damage during break-in. Also the AFR table is set for 14.6 in these same areas, which is great for economy and emissions but bad for heat.

If you are tuning with narrow band o2 sensors then you'll only be able to tune for 14.6 and only in the cruise / idle areas of tables. Is your TTS compatible with the CVO 110?
I think the TTS is compatible, its the newer version and there are calibration files for CVO softails referenced in the cal file list, so I'm hoping its ok. I will find out in a couple of weeks. I had heard the cams run quite hot and is a concern in the Middle East heat. I wasn't the one to break-in this engine so fingers crossed the previous owner looked after it on the initial 4,000km. The cost of fuel here means I'm looking for cool running, economy really doesn't matter when I can fill the bike for a couple of quid.

Agreed on the Rizoma parts, some really smart parts, had a a tonne of it on my GSR, not cheap though

Old 05-11-2015, 07:12 PM
TRA
Stage II
Default Brackets for national cycle wave windshield

I saw a post from a BO owner who fabricated brackets for National Cycle's Wave Windshield. I have been looking at the windshield and am wondering what would be needed to make brackets

Old 05-11-2015, 08:25 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by TRA
I saw a post from a BO owner who fabricated brackets for National Cycle's Wave Windshield. I have been looking at the windshield and am wondering what would be needed to make brackets
I'd call national cycle. See if they offer something that fits the bo fork width and diameter. They may have something and just don't list it for our bikes.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:44 PM
TRA
Stage II

[QUOTE=cdonis;14008647]I'd call national cycle. See if they offer something that fits the bo fork width and diameter. They may have something and just don't list it for

Thanks I'll try that

Old 05-11-2015, 10:21 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Yeh I found a pair of these black Rizoma Circuit 851's on ebay lightly used for pretty cheap. Should be here this week. I occasionally browse the thunderbike.de site to see what's new with aftermarket parts. I could go broke ordering from that site- lots of cool stuff.
Yup
I want their rear fender

Old 05-11-2015, 10:23 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Woody.
The mirrors are cool. Usually Rizoma is a bit expensive. Got some stuff of them at my racer.

Yes, some cool ideas. Have you seen their mod with the Nightrod Lamp & Cover on Breakout? I´ve also thought about a 9x21" rear wheel - I think it fits with the oem swingarm, so not "that much" to do here ;-)
Pics please

Old 05-12-2015, 12:58 AM
Woody.
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldsgym
Pics please

Here one i´ve found. 21" / 23" Breakout with the Nightrod Lamp

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread