Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 07:16 PM
TF SCHNELL
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you !!!!!

Old 06-25-2015, 09:25 AM
Jeff71
Advanced

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Here's another one - btw my battery is really tiny (Lithium Polymer) and that is a set of jumper cables and compressed air charge stuffed in next to it. but wiring etc is stock.
How do you like that battery? Are the jumpers a requirement due to the lack of size on the bat or just peace of mind for you?

Also, thanks for all the info on the pulley/gear swaps! I've already done the 68t rear pulley and thinking of doing the gear compensator next.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:32 PM
Cumminspwrd
Intermediate

LA Dog you wouldn't happen to have part #s for the stuff would you? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:12 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Front & rear pulley swap upgrade for FXSB breakout info part numbers

here ya go. i really got to see about making another sticky...

Breakout primary gears stock: 34 on the compensator, and 46 on the clutch bucket.
2013 to present FXSB - Pulley F: 32T - Pulley R: 66T Belt width: 24mm Length 133T

Sportster 1200 rear belt pulley and bolts:
2011 XL1200 pulley PN 40444-07 Retail $197 or can use PN 40350-07 as it is still used on the 2013 XL1200 72. the 40350-07 has a machine finish outer rim where the 40444-07 has a black outer rim. both have the machine finish detail on the inner part of outer rim with the black dots. otherwise it's the same sprocket. Sportster bolts are 7/16 - 14 x 1-3/4" PN 3899 hex bolt with lock patch $1 each.

Front final drive pulley: 30 Tooth Tans Sprocket
2011 Tri Glide Trans Sprocket is P/N 83595-11 $63, discount avg. prices HD-83595-11 (Kutter Harley or Surdyke, online)
The 30 tooth pulley is 12010227 from Drag Specialties (Andrews pulley = higher price).

Primary complete gasket kits needed:
Inner kit - Harley Davidson 25700226 GASKET KIT, INNER PRIMARY $43 avg price
Outer kit - JAMES GASKETS, INC. JGI-60547-06-KF GASKET KIT PRIMARY COVER $50 avg price

You can use the same 133T belt if you do both the 30T front and 68T rear, or leave the stock 32T front and do the 68T
Labor to install front pulley, 3hrs.
You'll need to adjust your "Speedometer Calibration" setting using a tuner like Powervision, to a value of 2372 to account for the new overall drive ratio.

Optional, instead of the 30T belt pulley you can purchase the Rivera 32 tooth motor compensator sprocket kit, about $200-$250 online. Rivera Primo Gear Ratio Game Changer 1066-0050 for 2007 later Big Twins, except 2014-up Touring.
Comes with front half of motor comp sprocket, new primary chain, adjustment spacer. less labor cost or DIY if yyou have tools, only need to buy an outer primary gasket and some primary fluid. With this new compensator sprocket and the 68T rear sportster sprocket, you'll end up with a 3.05 overall drive ratio- almost as good as the 32T / 68T belt pulley combo. You'll need to calculate and adjust your 1st-6th gear ratios using a tuner like Powervision.

Last edited by LA_Dog; 06-25-2015 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:40 PM
harleymf
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LA Dog is a genious. Nice posts. Nice work on the pulleys.
Thx!

Old 06-25-2015, 07:55 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jeff71
How do you like that battery? Are the jumpers a requirement due to the lack of size on the bat or just peace of mind for you?

Also, thanks for all the info on the pulley/gear swaps! I've already done the 68t rear pulley and thinking of doing the gear compensator next.
I will not use anything except these batteries on my motorcycles. they are hands down the best, most reliable batteries in the world. and they weigh nothing. that little battery has way more cranking juice than the HD or any other conventional battery. Not cheap though, but I can let my bike sit for a year and the battery will still fire the bike right up- they don't self discharge. I keep the small jumpers and the spare co2 tire filler in there because it fits and well ,you never know right?

this is the battery I have: Antigravity YTX12-24L Lithium PowerSport Batteries http://antigravitybatteries.com/batt...son-batteries/

I also keep one of their "personal" super tiny suckers in my truck under the seat, I used it once to start up a V8 Range Rover with a dead battery. fired it right up. LiPoFe batteries rock! http://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/micro-start-xp-3/

Last edited by LA_Dog; 06-25-2015 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:35 PM
Cumminspwrd
Intermediate

Thanks so much!!!

Old 06-25-2015, 08:51 PM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

I will not use anything except these batteries on my motorcycles. they are hands down the best, most reliable batteries in the world. and they weigh nothing. that little battery has way more cranking juice than the HD or any other conventional battery. Not cheap though, but I can let my bike sit for a year and the battery will still fire the bike right up- they don't self discharge. I keep the small jumpers and the spare co2 tire filler in there because it fits and well ,you never know right?

this is the battery I have: Antigravity YTX12-24L Lithium PowerSport Batteries http://antigravitybatteries.com/batt...son-batteries/

I also keep one of their "personal" super tiny suckers in my truck under the seat, I used it once to start up a V8 Range Rover with a dead battery. fired it right up. LiPoFe batteries rock! http://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/micro-start-xp-3/
You didn't really drop $460 on that battery did you? Antigravity is good stuff but the price always scared me off. To many equally good options out there at a lessor price point. Their micro starts are sweet though for sure. I have the XP3 and it's awesome. I used this in my BO and it cranked it with ease http://www.alienmotion.com/am22.html I used their 4cells in my track bikes and never had an issue. Great company great customer service great warranty. I plan on getting another 22 for my new Deluxe

Old 06-25-2015, 09:55 PM
Stone Cliff
Tourer

Lipos are extremely volatile so be very careful. I fly RC helicopters with them and had one instantly ignite my pocket and another one in my car and caught on fire. So with any sudden jarring or impact, be ready!!

Old 06-25-2015, 10:32 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jgos929
You didn't really drop $460 on that battery did you? Antigravity is good stuff but the price always scared me off. To many equally good options out there at a lessor price point. Their micro starts are sweet though for sure. I have the XP3 and it's awesome. I used this in my BO and it cranked it with ease http://www.alienmotion.com/am22.html I used their 4cells in my track bikes and never had an issue. Great company great customer service great warranty. I plan on getting another 22 for my new Deluxe
I usually find this model closer to $300 shopping around online. this particular one I got for $321 shipped, and it was a model larger than I needed. the one for typical use on HD's is this one, full retail is $369 and discounted online is in the mid $200 range. http://shop.antigravitybatteries.com...ries-ytx12-20/

True there are some other good mfr's of LiPoFe batteries out there- but there are a lot of shady / crappy ones too, using B or C grade battery cells, no balance circuit, etc. AntiGravity is definitely one of the 'gold standard' mfr's- they are pricey because the cells they use are very very good- even if the battery is fully discharged it will come back. it's actually the only lipo battery I have seen used successfully and repeatedly in total loss systems - e.g. run the race vehicle off the battery only, until it's totally dead. recharge it, go at it again. I don't know any other mfr's that will stand behind that type of use.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread