Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 07:24 PM
Khloesdad
Tourer
Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Oh yeah. Low Range. Sure I've seen that before. {Many times}. Sorry for my ignorance.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:27 PM
vivid black
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vtchopperdude
Ok fellas, I'm having my first "issue" with my Breakout. I've noticed several times that when I start the bike, the LO RNG will be on the display. It seems to correct itself after riding, but why is it doing that on startup? For example, I filled my tank up, rode home, and then when I started it today, the display automatically defaulted to the odometer, and when I cycled through the display, it read LO RNG. I normally leave it on the Gear/RPM display, and I've noticed that occasionally when I start the bike, it will default to the odometer. Why is it doing this?
You put new dash on bike maybe wire pinched or not secure on fuel switch? But it runs so that should be ok?

Old 03-21-2019, 11:09 PM
Superdog3:16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 721 Likes on 443 Posts

Has anyone found, or figured out, any tank trim, or flush mount cap, or anything at all for the new ones? Fxbr/s?
Dayum.......

Old 03-21-2019, 11:16 PM
Hdbkstl
Road Master
Received 316 Likes on 187 Posts

Got my pm intake on and power vision. In all honesty, feels about the same, but looks a lot cleaner. Jmo

Old 03-22-2019, 08:10 AM
Teddy Vedder
Intermediate
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by vivid black
You put new dash on bike maybe wire pinched or not secure on fuel switch? But it runs so that should be ok?
I have the same issue, been happening for the past year, I’ve never messed with trim. It’s a known issue in the forums with several HDs but for some reason nobody ever seems to come up with a solution. Several people have detailed their visits to the stealership service dept, their solution is always “replace the speedo”, but people still have the issue afterwards. I guess they decide to live with it like I have. I just reset my trip Odometer every time I fill up, and make it back to the gas station before I hit 130 miles.

I’m still hoping someone figures it out.

The following users liked this post:
vtchopperdude (03-22-2019)
Old 03-22-2019, 08:56 AM
Breakout73
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Teddy Vedder
I have the same issue, been happening for the past year, I’ve never messed with trim. It’s a known issue in the forums with several HDs but for some reason nobody ever seems to come up with a solution. Several people have detailed their visits to the stealership service dept, their solution is always “replace the speedo”, but people still have the issue afterwards. I guess they decide to live with it like I have. I just reset my trip Odometer every time I fill up, and make it back to the gas station before I hit 130 miles.

I’m still hoping someone figures it out.
If you want to experiment with a speedometer, 2 weeks ago I swapped out my stock speedo (3800 miles) for the HD tach/speedo. It's mint.

It's in a box in my basement.

I'll ship it. Make me an offer!

Old 03-26-2019, 07:52 PM
Saloondawg
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lo rng

Ok fellas, I'm having my first "issue" with my Breakout. I've noticed several times that when I start the bike, the LO RNG will be on the display. It seems to correct itself after riding, but why is it doing that on startup? For example, I filled my tank up, rode home, and then when I started it today, the display automatically defaulted to the odometer, and when I cycled through the display, it read LO RNG. I normally leave it on the Gear/RPM display, and I've noticed that occasionally when I start the bike, it will default to the odometer. Why is it doing this?
I had the exact same issue with my 2016 Breakout. Took it to the dealer where I bought it and had the service department check it out. They tried several things to fix it like replacing the fuel sensor in the tank, replacing hand controls. Nothing worked. Since it was under warranty, I just kept going back. Got to be a weekly thing. After about the 4th or 5th trip, they put a "Master Tech" on it. He said he traced it back to a faulty BCM. They replaced it and it's been trouble free since. Hope this helps.

The following users liked this post:
vtchopperdude (03-26-2019)
Old 03-26-2019, 09:13 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalt10
Mine does the same exact thing.
Originally Posted by Teddy Vedder
I have the same issue, been happening for the past year.
Originally Posted by Saloondawg
I had the exact same issue with my 2016 Breakout.
So it's a common problem. My bike only has 1100 miles on it too.....

Originally Posted by Saloondawg
Took it to the dealer where I bought it and had the service department check it out. They tried several things to fix it like replacing the fuel sensor in the tank, replacing hand controls. Nothing worked. Since it was under warranty, I just kept going back. Got to be a weekly thing. After about the 4th or 5th trip, they put a "Master Tech" on it. He said he traced it back to a faulty BCM. They replaced it and it's been trouble free since. Hope this helps.
That's good that a new BCM fixed the problem, but that's some shitty engineering if lots of people are having problems. My FP3 doesn't throw any codes for a faulty BCM, but who knows?!?!?! I guess I'll just live with it. I don't think a BCM would be cheap...

Old 03-26-2019, 10:43 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

So it's a common problem. My bike only has 1100 miles on it too.....

That's good that a new BCM fixed the problem, but that's some shitty engineering if lots of people are having problems. My FP3 doesn't throw any codes for a faulty BCM, but who knows?!?!?! I guess I'll just live with it. I don't think a BCM would be cheap...
Yes, I think it would be costly...I believe a new BCM also requires a Digital Tech. to pair it with the ECM, so the dealer would need to install it, or you'd need to haul your bike to them after you install it, for it to work!!

Last edited by Rocker B; 03-26-2019 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:52 AM
vtchopperdude
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker B
Yes, I think it would be costly...I believe a new BCM also requires a Digital Tech. to pair it with the ECM, so the dealer would need to install it, or you'd need to haul your bike to them after you install it, for it to work!!
Guess I'll just live with it. Like I said, my FP3 doesn't throw any codes for it, and the bike runs great. I don't think I'll mess with it. But still, that's some bs for a almost brand new bike IMHO...

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread