Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rolling Thunder Slip-ons Feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 05:12 PM
ezryder62881
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rolling Thunder Slip-ons Feedback?

Been looking for the right slip on muffler for my '08 ultra without breaking the bank. Found this website www.rollingthunderpipes.com Anyone have any experience with these slip-ons? Sound? Quality? Fit? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Gotta get offline so daughter can do homework, but I'll check back later to see if anyone has any feedback for me. Thanks in advance guys!

Old 06-20-2008, 05:56 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Rolling Thunder Slip-ons Feedback?

they look good and the price is right sorry have not heard them yet

Old 06-20-2008, 07:15 PM
sparky_mo
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them. I like the sound but the quality is poor. Right one turned gold after about 8000 mi. Sampson is not easy to deal with. They would not replace the pipe on their dime but I did finally talk them into selling me just one. At first they weren't even going to do that. Said they only sold them in pairs.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I learned the hard way. After the pipe&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;turned a nice gold color I went to their website and read&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;the fine print&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;their disclaimer They say ('If&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;pipes turn color it's not their fault. Bike&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;is not tuned correctly.')&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I have a race turner&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;and it was dynoed and tuned. It was only after I sent them my dyno numbers that showed the air/fuel mixture was right on that they would deal with me for the one pipe.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; If it were me...I would go with something else than Sampson even it you have to spend a few bucks more....It will be worth it.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:07 PM
White Knight 04
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a buddy that is running wild pigs on his 08 SG and he really likes the sound and the wat they look....

Old 06-20-2008, 08:33 PM
ezryder62881
Tourer

Thanks guys for the feedbackjust what I was hoping for. I'll check out the Wild Pigs, White Knight. Sparky, you still running the Rolling Thunder slip ons? How many miles are on the replacement? Are they loud?

Old 06-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Roadglide53
Intermediate

&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; ezryder62881
I have a set of rolling thunder slip-ons on our 06 Roadglide
and love them.Great sound,quality.Our neighbor put a set
on his classic.For the money can't be beat.Mine has 6500
miles and still look as good as the day they were installed.
Don't think you'll be disappointed.
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&n bsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbs p\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\ \;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&n bsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbs p\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\ \;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Roadglide 53
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Old 06-20-2008, 09:15 PM
ezryder62881
Tourer

Thanks Roadglide

Old 06-20-2008, 09:20 PM
ezryder62881
Tourer

Anyone heard the Rolling Thunder and the Wild Pigs enough to know what the difference in sound is?

Old 06-20-2008, 09:56 PM
TheBagger
Road Master

ORIGINAL: sparky_mo

I have them. I like the sound but the quality is poor. Right one turned gold after about 8000 mi. Sampson is not easy to deal with. They would not replace the pipe on their dime but I did finally talk them into selling me just one. At first they weren't even going to do that. Said they only sold them in pairs.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
I learned the hard way. After the pipe&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;turned a nice gold color I went to their website and read&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;the fine print&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;their disclaimer They say ('If&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;pipes turn color it's not their fault. Bike&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;is not tuned correctly.')&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;I have a race turner&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;and it was dynoed and tuned. It was only after I sent them my dyno numbers that showed the air/fuel mixture was right on that they would deal with me for the one pipe.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; If it were me...I would go with something else than Sampson even it you have to spend a few bucks more....It will be worth it.
Rolling Thunder is not made by Samson, you're getting confused with Rolled Thunder which is made by Samson.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:35 PM
RDSI
Stage I

Rolling Thunder slip ons are great for the money, but trying to change baffles or contact some one with the company is impossible. I've been emailing for weeks with no reply. I got the slach cut pipes with 1.75" baffles, nice tone but I'm looking for a little more rumble. Just want the 2.5" baffles, can't get anyone from Rolling Thunder to talk to me.
RD