Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memphis Shades 9 inch replacement windshield

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 09:02 PM
andrewj
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mick:
Thanks for the pics, looks great- and it does seem to hide the windshield bags- I think I am going with one too- price is right and I think the black doesnt take away or make the blue/pewter look bad...

appreciate your comments on the windshield- are you saying that the edges could be smoother? I assume it curves well and fits in fine as I have a chrome trim piece in front of the shield

I will be ordering the 9 inch version- I have the two windshield bags..

Nice bike!
andrew

Last edited by andrewj; 06-10-2009 at 09:06 PM. Reason: update
Old 06-11-2009, 05:18 AM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know if Memphis Shades finishes all the edges like this , but my buddies bikes are similar.
It's kinda like what's left from a saw cut , and can be easily fixed with 200 grit , then 400 grit and a piece of wood.
I've cut down a bunch of shields before with a fine tooth bandsaw and finished the edge this way before.
I figured if the shield was irritatingly tall , I'd just cut it shorter.
The edge is more pronounced because of the black at the bottom of the shield , you can see the color of the bottom of the shield through the edge all the way around it.
The shield is pre-curved and pretty accurately matches the fairing , so it won't be pre-stressed when installed.
All in all , I'm pretty happy with it , especially for the price compared to other brands.
Good luck with your selection , and nice color bike.......
Mick