Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memphis Shades 9 inch replacement windshield

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 08:05 PM
andrewj
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memphis Shades 9 inch replacement windshield

Anyone have any comments good or bad, regarding memphis shades windshields? I am looking at replacing my stock windshield on my 09 Ultra with a 9 inch gradiant black to clear windshield. My bike is blue and pewter but I didnt think the gradiant blue would match. One thing for sure, the memphis shades seem a bit thicker than the harley ones and also a lot less $$.

Anyways, any feedback on the quality of memphis shades would be appreciated.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:48 PM
bruce sg08
Road Captain

I put a memphis 9 inch on my street glide. Quailty is good, thicker then the moco doesn't scratch up easy. I went round and round with different windshield heights couldn't get rid of the buffeting I ride with a full face helmet. The memphis cut it down alot and makes it bearable. I ended up with the moco 12" I look thru it sitting relaxed and can sit up to see over if it rains. I'm 5'9" and tried the 6 and 8" clearview couldn't go with the 10" it was right in my line of site. Around town I run the 8" for the look factor put put the 12 in for trips. Hope it helps.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Lucky 13
Road Master

Memphis Shades is a great wind shield and they stand behind the product 100%. I had a problem and they sent me a new one with postage paid return label to return mine, on just my word. Best quality of any shield out there.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:59 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

Very nice shields, I have the 9 inch gradient black and will eventually replace mine with another one just like it. Mine has developed micro sized scratches from my improper cleaning methods. I'm going to try some Novus to see what happens but have no problem buying a new one.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just ordered a 15" MS shield with the gradient black , so as to cover my Harley large single windshield mount pouch.
The reason I ordered the Memphis Shades product was because of a couple buddies have the MS shields on their bikes.
The one bike is a Honda Shadow and he got a narrow quick detach setup.
The other is a V-Star custom with the Memphis Fats with gradient black , non quick setup.
The quality is very good and the price was very good also.
MS shows the shield thickness at .185" for our bikes , so I thought I'd try one.
I don't know if the gradient will totally cover the pouch from the front , but it has to look better than it does now.
Post a pic when you're done and I'll do the same , as we have the same bike......
I should have mine Wednesday next week.
Mick

Old 06-06-2009, 01:38 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by Mick
I just ordered a 15" MS shield with the gradient black , so as to cover my Harley large single windshield mount pouch.
The reason I ordered the Memphis Shades product was because of a couple buddies have the MS shields on their bikes.
The one bike is a Honda Shadow and he got a narrow quick detach setup.
The other is a V-Star custom with the Memphis Fats with gradient black , non quick setup.
The quality is very good and the price was very good also.
MS shows the shield thickness at .185" for our bikes , so I thought I'd try one.
I don't know if the gradient will totally cover the pouch from the front , but it has to look better than it does now.
Post a pic when you're done and I'll do the same , as we have the same bike......
I should have mine Wednesday next week.
Mick
The "gradient" part on mine didn't come up high enough on the shield to hide my bag. I ended up painting the inside of the shield.

Old 06-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have that exact shield on my '09 Ultra, and I like it. I had bought it for my '07 SG and took it off before i traded her in. One thing that impressed me about the Memphis Shades is they come pre-curved. Most of the cheapy shields you buy are shipped flat. Decent shield, I'd buy another one.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:09 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Raaze07
I have that exact shield on my '09 Ultra, and I like it. I had bought it for my '07 SG and took it off before i traded her in. One thing that impressed me about the Memphis Shades is they come pre-curved. Most of the cheapy shields you buy are shipped flat. Decent shield, I'd buy another one.
Yep pre formed and one of the best if not the best quality WS you can buy. They are thick and heavy suckers. I have the Gradient Black 9" for longer rides and love it. I've never understood those who buy those flat windshields that come in an envelope to your house, so you can bend it into shape, slot it in your fairing and proceed to stress the **** out of your fairing bots and connections.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:18 AM
jcanrun
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Didn't like the one I got for my Roadglide. First the shield was thicker than stock so I couldn't use the windshield trim. Second, and more importantly, couldn't get the shield on the bike cause the curve was off. Didn't want to force it so I ended up returning the shield.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:48 AM
StGlide07
Advanced

excellent oem replacement.

Quick Reply: Memphis Shades 9 inch replacement windshield