Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:43 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Having issues with your audio equipment? The first post gives great tips on self-diagnostics in order to help pinpoint your issue. Forum members list their issue and solutions that worked for them.

Read the full discussion below to find out if your issue is listed and what helped forum members fix the problem.
Print Wikipost

Self-Diagnostics for Harman Kardon radios

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 11:01 PM
eds06roadglide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got one for ya. My radio cuts out when I go over bumps. I know what your thinking(loose wires or connection) but I took off the nose and wiggled everything as well as the indy I use. I was in a wreck but there was no damage to the front end at all. It's kind of like when you have a crapie cd and it skips when you go over bumps only catch is that it happpens with or without cds. The insurance co paid for a new radio but I had cams installed instead. Just curious to know if the radio is truly jacked up or not.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Capt. Mike
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a recon. HK radio for my 05 EG from Iron Cross about 1 1/2 yrs ago. No problems. If I do have a problem it will go to Iron Cross for the repairs.
I pd 500 bucks for the HK with upgrades and it has been great.
Great folks to buy from or have your radio repaired.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:03 PM
teqsand
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Dawson
I guess if you have a police bike and aren't used to the intercom, CB, and water resistance of the stock radio that might be a good suggestion.
I like my toys on the HK radio, I actually use them.....otherwise I would'nt mind a different radio....

Like to have a copy of the radio manual if anyone knows where to get one....

Old 11-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Iron Cross Audio
Former Sponsor
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by teqsand
I like my toys on the HK radio, I actually use them.....otherwise I would'nt mind a different radio....

Like to have a copy of the radio manual if anyone knows where to get one....

There is a link to the manual here

http://www.ironcrossaudio.com/

Old 11-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Navy Mustang
Road Master
Received 305 Likes on 117 Posts

My HK stereo began "auto muting" in July. Since then its gotten progressively worse to the point where it rarely stays on for more than one song. Sometimes it will come right back on when I power it off and back on again, and other times it takes several power off cycles to bring it back to life. I'm sick of it...

Old 11-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great write-up. I will be trying this tomorrow.

Cale

Old 12-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Big L
Road Warrior

Received 156 Likes on 127 Posts

Radio won't let me adjust the time. When you press the set button and hold it changes to NEWFOUNDLAND and will not let me arrow up or down. Took it to the dealer and they said it was missing updates. Put the update CD in and it would not do the update? Mechanic would not remove the ThunnderMax said that's the problem? Any help anybody not to worried about it keeping time as long as the radio/CD works.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Iron Cross Audio
Former Sponsor
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Big L
Radio won't let me adjust the time. When you press the set button and hold it changes to NEWFOUNDLAND and will not let me arrow up or down. Took it to the dealer and they said it was missing updates. Put the update CD in and it would not do the update? Mechanic would not remove the ThunnderMax said that's the problem? Any help anybody not to worried about it keeping time as long as the radio/CD works.
It just needs the update. Try downloading the update from the HD website and doing it yourself. if not, contact Iron Cross Audio. They'll send you a disc

Old 12-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Big L
Road Warrior

Received 156 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by tech
It just needs the update. Try downloading the update from the HD website and doing it yourself. if not, contact Iron Cross Audio. They'll send you a disc
Will do, thanks.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:48 AM
hdflhxi06
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no display but radio seems to work fine.. How can I fix display without sending it in and paying $250.00???

Quick Reply: Self-Diagnostics for Harman Kardon radios