Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPod interface

Old 08-22-2010, 04:24 PM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
hmm, lets see. 150 songs on 1 disk vs thousands on an ipod. disks you have to store, and if you want to listen to something else, you're making a stop. ipod you plug in and go.
I'm going the mp3s-on-CD route for now. But I'm a musician. I have thousands of tunes on my iPod. That's why I'm considering this. Still too pricey, though. Hey - maybe it's deductible! Just thought of that.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:27 AM
kentuckyarms
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happens if you plug the Zumo 550 into the AUX port? Are you able to control your songs on it with the handlebar controls also?

Old 08-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Jags93
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kentuckyarms
What happens if you plug the Zumo 550 into the AUX port? Are you able to control your songs on it with the handlebar controls also?
Not at all. the only control you have there is volume.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:28 AM
gliding10
Cruiser

Don' t waste your money. Gunslinger motorcycles sells a ipod holder for like $30 and it clips to your handle bars . why pay 400 when u can pay 30 something with shipping. I have it on my street glide and it works great.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:15 AM
FLTRKER
Cruiser

i use my Iphone and mount for gps and tunes. cheap- I use ear buds to listen. I can alos read my email- get weather reports etc.
the mount was 150.00 at j-p cycle. but it clicks to the next tune everytime i hit a crack in the road.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:08 AM
captainjack
Road Master

Originally Posted by FLTRKER
i use my Iphone and mount for gps and tunes. cheap- I use ear buds to listen. I can alos read my email- get weather reports etc.
the mount was 150.00 at j-p cycle. but it clicks to the next tune everytime i hit a crack in the road.
make sure your shake to shuffle is off in your ipod menu

Old 08-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferromet
Unfortunately, I don't have an electrical manual for this unit since it's only been out for a few weeks. I made certain that the pins into the wiring harness on the back of the radio were fully in and making good contact. The plug that goes into the ipod itself was in all the way too... I even tried three different ipods just to be sure that the ipod itself wasn't part of the prob.
Ferromet, I copied the wiring diagram for the SESG2 at my dealer the other day and it shows the I-Pod connector to the 35 wire connector for the SESG2 application. Perhaps it will confirm that the wiring on your CVO Ultra is the same, or identify a difference between the two applications:

http://

In any case, thanks for taking the time for the review and installation information.

Carl

Old 08-24-2010, 11:44 AM
pyrate888
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Streetrunner
+1 on that thought. I burn MP3 CD's and can fit around 150 songs on a regular 80mb disk. Don't have to mess around with another device, also much more economic plus I can use the handle bar controls and view the screen!
who needs and IPOD?
The reason you can fit so many songs on an MP3 CD is because they compress the hell out of the data (songs). Sound quality is bad enough with the stock HK set-up. MP3 CD's make it sound even worse.

I'm +1 for the RAM Mount. $40 and your done.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by gliding10
Don' t waste your money. Gunslinger motorcycles sells a ipod holder for like $30 and it clips to your handle bars . why pay 400 when u can pay 30 something with shipping. I have it on my street glide and it works great.
While I don't pan on buying one, as I use my Android phone, you are comparing apples to zucchini. This "kit" allow you to operate and charge the iphone. It has nothing to do with mounting it!!

Secondly I wouldn't buy that ugly *** thing anyway. Get the Ram Mounts, they look alot better and they are versatile.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:57 PM
bobros
Road Warrior

Finally for it installed. It works well for iTunes. Unfortunately, it does not work for internet radio (what I really wanted). You can play the radio (Slacker, Pandora) but cannot skip to the next song using your hand switches. Overall, nice feature but overpriced.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: iPod interface