Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The BEST replacement windshields available - ANYWHERE - Clearview Shields

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 12:53 AM
patskav
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up The BEST replacement windshields available - ANYWHERE - Clearview Shields

Clearview Shields, in Colorado. Why ? The BEST, clearest, most resistant, most solid and tolerant materials in the business. But there's another reason. Try this.

I ordered a replacement shield for my 2004 Road King. It arrived (in 2 days, BTW), but my brackets didn't line up with the shield.

They literally 'stopped the presses', fabricated me a new one, but before they sent it, they asked me to send them my brackets (AT THEIR EXPENSE) to make sure it would fit. All of this in less than one week.

The brackets fit, the windshield was completely assembled (brackets and all), and shipped back ready to mount. It fit like a glove.

BUT - through this process, I was called 5 times by the OWNER of Clearview, and another 3 times by their production manager. The PM and I spent 30 minutes on the phone taking measurements before they tried to ship the replacement shield.

So, after I got the newly fabricated (head of the line) windshield, fully assembed and bike-ready (and it's an EXCELLENT product, with recurve at the top and an adjustable vent in the middle), I sent them this message ... the owner's name is Mark.

"...I talked to Mark for a minute today about how you guys are put together; sounds like a combination of friends and family, growing a business with a critical niche (do you think Mustang would have given me this kind of service ?), and you do it so very well, and Mark, I know, left the market to do it, and you guys are luckier than you’ll ever, ever know.

And that’s why, CONGRATULATIONS. You have kept the American dream afloat, at least for yourselves, and what else can you do ? It’s so encouraging to see a business like yours; you KNOW that I’ll recommend you to every biker I know, whether they have, or want, a windshield. Just for the pleasure of doing business with you.

Keep it up; don’t overgrow it, keep it happy. You HAVE achieved the American dream, and you give faith to old, tarnished codgers like me."

These guys ARE the American dream, and because of an exceptional product, and exceptional customer focus, DESERVE our business.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:20 AM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Alrighty then.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:54 AM
Aslan
Road Master

+1.
I had a Clearveiw on my Road Glide and it was fantastic.
I will be ordering one for the new bike for the spring. I may get two one tall for the cold weather and a shorter one for the summer.
Great products and great people to do business with.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Dale_K
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used them a couple of times with generally positive experiences. They must operate differently with Harley models because my orders took over a month to reach me. They didn't actually stock very many windshields at the time. They took your order and then scheduled your shield with the next production run. Maybe they've changed. The shields worked well. The ones I got were plexiglass, not polycarbonate, so they didn't have an anti-scratch coating. On the postive side it's possible to refinish plexiglass, which wasn't true about the lexan shields.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:34 AM
easycruzer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like good customer service, however:
If that is all they make, windshields, and you ordered one for your model, wonder why it would not fit initially and they had to specially fabricate it to get it to fit?

Old 11-03-2010, 07:39 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Will give them A+ on Customer service then anyway .. Far too many when the sale is final is all on you for any problems ..

Old 11-03-2010, 07:45 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Been running mine over 2 years and still not a scratch in it despite loads of hits from rocks and bugs! Excellent service before and after the sale for me too.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been running one for a few years and love it. Mine fit perfect on my Heritage first try. I have the recurve too. Twice the thickness of the stock shield. And buffable, unlike the stock shield.
The OP must have a non stock bracket that he added after purchase.

I strongly recomment these guys.

They must operate differently with Harley models because my orders took over a month to reach me.
As did mine, but it was a custom size. No complaint from me!