Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rate your HD Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 11:09 AM
Torky_SOB
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,812 Likes on 3,037 Posts

Originally Posted by Pattrolling
Rate your experience with your local HD dealer...

Treasure Coast HD, FL

Good customer service, good MC prices. No service experience with them yet. They have weekly customer appreciation events.

West Palm Beach HD, FL

Good customer service, but bike prices are high.
I only go to PBHD for parts,otherwise they suck and seem out of touch and after finding out its an investment group toy. It seems 6-7 different investors from around the globe saw it up for sale and took on the adventure.Not a whole lot of experience from them as far as motorcyclists we have been told.......novices! .

They must of figured HD its a no brainer and major $$maker.I'll give that part to them... I have seen them selling USED 16's with low miles with new bike prices.My brother in law went to purchase one and they stuck to a high price.He went up to TC and they sold him a similar bike, newer, same mileage just about.... USED '17 RK M-8 for what PBHD wa asking for the used '16.

PBHD dealership is greedy...PERIOD...........at one time right before the new buyers stepped in, they were good and I know a few FF's that I worked with got great deals at that time.For now, we dont buy units from PBHD only parts ! We are hoping Space coast buys them out like they did up at TC. Old owner of TC...Jim, nice guy and he was good with numbers and being good to his customer base.

Old 02-11-2018, 04:53 PM
Seventy4blazer
Road Master
Received 137 Likes on 45 Posts

I have ZERO bad to say about Biggs HD in San Marcos, CA or about Harley Davidson of Pensacola. Both have taken care of me like I was gold.

Old 02-11-2018, 07:03 PM
barrachuck
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to say, Ive heard a lot of bad things about the Dealers near my home town in The US. Ive only bought parts and gifts there. Im living in Porto Alegre Brazil at the moment, and Ive bought 3 bikes from them. Iesa Harley Davidson in Porto Alegre Brazil, has always taken care of me. Yes, the prices of parts are high, but so are they at any HD - and the import tax in Brazil is between 70 to 100%.

But just talking about buying, they have always been fare with the prices and Ive always felt I got a great or good deal. For the service, yes, that is also expensive just like at all HDs dealerships. But here is the kicker for me. I had some custom pipes made and installed. They came loose from the head one day while riding. Luckily I was near the dealership and stopped by. They put on new nuts and tightened everything up - FREE OF CHARGE! For me its the little things like this that make a difference. This is not the only time or thing they have done for me without charging me. But with all things good there are also bad. This is a smaller dealership, not like you see in The US, they only have 2 service tecs. One of them, would not do anything for me if my life depended on it - he always has a reason something cannot be done or why I cannot schedule anything on short notice. The tec before him, was awesome and went on to open his own shop. The other tec that is there now, he is awesome, I think he would give you the shirt off his back if he thought you needed it to ride home.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:58 AM
Goose_NC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,208 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Whats a dealer?

Old 02-14-2018, 09:07 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Shenandoah Harley

They use to be one of the best around. If you were riding down Skyline Drive, you would take a ride over to visit for a t shirt, or just to sit back and look at the beautiful mountains. They always got business from people riding through and even upgrading bikes while they were there. The honest guys left now, to be replaced by a full staff of car salesman. No lie, the entire staff are car salesman that followed the new general manager (car salesman) to his position at Shenandoah. They are running it like a car business, but they don’t understand how after you buy a Harley some people go back to hang out on weekend rides (some not all). Once they scam you, they don’t worry about repeat business.

My friend learned the hard way, he should have followed the entire staff that left for Richmond Harley, but he thought he was being loyal to his preferred dealership, and tried to do business with this new staff of hucksters.

Trust me when I say this, this is quite possibly the worst run dealership I have encountered in the past 10 years or so. If you want to be lied to and scammed like they would do at a used car lot in New Jersey, then this place is for you.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:44 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by Seventy4blazer
I have ZERO bad to say about Biggs HD in San Marcos, CA or about Harley Davidson of Pensacola. Both have taken care of me like I was gold.
I bought my Limited there. The finance guy upsold me the SkyLink security tracking system for an extra 1K. It was to be like Low Jack on steroids. Ok, got home checked out how the site and functions of the device work, and found I did not agree. Called Bigg's, they said just keep, and they sent me a check for 1K the next day; that is customer service.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:32 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts

WOODSTOCK HD in Woodstock NY is fairly priced considering it's a dealer and the srv'c work i have had them do done was done properly with bike returned on time & clean.

They also have no problem installing HD parts & tires i buy online @ considerable discount which has saved me hundreds of $$$$ over the past few yrs.

Thats a smart dealer that figures he'd rather keep his wrenches busy & employed vs many dealers that refuse to install customer bought HD parts loosing countless hr's of labor wkly @ $100+HR while not keeping his wrench staff fully engaged.

But i decided to install a new SE comp kit myself when the compensator failed on my 09 FLHTCU @ only 10k miles because buying the parts online @ discount & doing my own labor collectively saved me hundreds of $$$$$ vs the dealer est of $750-800 do the same job with same parts.

BTW,I bought my HD privately so i don't have any experience buying a new or used bike from Woodstock HD in Woodstock NY.

Scott

Last edited by wscott; 02-14-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:51 PM
SCS2303
Stage IV
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

PIKES PEAK HARLEY DAVIDSON
Just had a great experience with a long block replacement process for 2005 Dyna!

Old 04-21-2018, 02:32 PM
ole_phart
Road Master

Received 580 Likes on 362 Posts

Bayside Harley-Davidson, Portsmouth, VA.

I won't go into all the history but I sold what I thought was my 5th and last bike (2002 FLHR) in 2011 when I had leg problems. Week later leg was fine. Fast forward to Easter Sunday 4/1/18 and dammit, at 69 years of age I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines. I went to Bayside without a bike and left with an '18 FXLR Low Rider. They are *all* the greatest; they welcome you right in, listen to you, are very knowledgeable and above all they respect you. There aren't enough stars to give this dealership and, I got the bike well below MSRP with absolutely no haggling needed. There were 2 identical bikes next to each other on the floor, one stock, one with RC Components slip on pipes. We were talking about the stock bike, as an afterthought I asked if the one with the RC pipes would be about $400 more. They said don’t sweat it, same price as the stock bike. They are a true no B.S. dealership.

If you're shopping for a new bike and are in the area, start with Bayside, you won't need to go anywhere else.

Shawn, Rick, Tony, Dusty, Glenn, Shakiya, Lee and everybody else, if you're out there, thank you!!!

-jeff

Last edited by ole_phart; 04-21-2018 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:11 PM
jonuphi
Tourer
Received 154 Likes on 86 Posts

Outpost Harley Davidson in Pueblo Co great guys to work with,replaced my engine,went back for stupid stuff,not related to engine replacement, they took care of it right away,thanks Donny service manager and Ron service tech for your help

Quick Reply: Rate your HD Dealer