VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Trade Lo for 2012 Night rod??

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 636 Likes on 327 Posts
Default Trade Lo for 2012 Night rod??

Ok last year i bought a 2012 Lo but really wanted the Night rod but at the time they only had an 11 to test ride! I hated it cause it wasnt comfy for me at all.. Went to the dealers the other day and they had a 2012 Night rod in stock. Well i sat on it and WOW what a difference the changes made for the new Model.. Very comfy. Im really thinking of trading my Lo in for it cause i got bit buy the performance bug last year but still consider comfort important and the new one is comfy! Is this a stupid move? I dont know if im going to do it or not cause i do like my Lo.. Just want to hear some opinions..

Old 05-15-2012, 02:51 PM
DresserDude
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Just grab your ankles while they throw a trade $$ at you!!!

Old 05-15-2012, 03:03 PM
confused
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try selling on your own
Trying to do that now with my 2008 Ultra
May have to break down and do the dealer thing
I have the VROD bug as well and I'm not "touring" anymore

Old 05-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by confused
Try selling on your own
Trying to do that now with my 2008 Ultra
May have to break down and do the dealer thing
I have the VROD bug as well and I'm not "touring" anymore
I might see what they offer me first! My Lo is a 2012 with only 512 miles. Plus the Night rod is like $2,000 cheaper then what my Lo was. So it might not be too bad.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:34 PM
botz723
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hmm i went from a Fatboy to a 2011 VRSCDX...then traded it in for a Road Glide..

VRods are INSANE to ride for a short trip, that engine is SWEET but at the end of the day i wanted something more comfortable and BIGGER, I didnt feel like anyone could see my on the Vrod..

On the other hand all that power out of the box can not be beat by ANY mods you can do to the lo...

heres the bottom line...What are you looking for? a sport bike? or a cruiser...

The Vrod is a PURE sport bike, its meant to go fast and thats it....and it does that well.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by botz723
Hmm i went from a Fatboy to a 2011 VRSCDX...then traded it in for a Road Glide..

VRods are INSANE to ride for a short trip, that engine is SWEET but at the end of the day i wanted something more comfortable and BIGGER, I didnt feel like anyone could see my on the Vrod..

On the other hand all that power out of the box can not be beat by ANY mods you can do to the lo...

heres the bottom line...What are you looking for? a sport bike? or a cruiser...

The Vrod is a PURE sport bike, its meant to go fast and thats it....and it does that well.
2011 was horrible when i took it for a test ride the way it was set up from factory! 2012 BIG difference.. It may not look like it but trust me the changes that they did made a huge comfort difference!

Old 05-15-2012, 03:40 PM
botz723
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zakk13
2011 was horrible when i took it for a test ride the way it was set up from factory! 2012 BIG difference.. It may not look like it but trust me the changes that they did made a huge comfort difference!
Oh i was comfy on my Vrod too. just not 6 hr comfy...any long rides on that bike would put a hurtin on me when i got off...not while i was on...but then again Im old..um er...older...

Vrods are awesome bikes Goodluck whatever you do..both bikes are awesome so you can not go wrong either way !!

Old 05-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by botz723
Oh i was comfy on my Vrod too. just not 6 hr comfy...any long rides on that bike would put a hurtin on me when i got off...not while i was on...but then again Im old..um er...older...

Vrods are awesome bikes Goodluck whatever you do..both bikes are awesome so you can not go wrong either way !!
Bro if you were comfy on a 2011 you would be really comfy on a 2012! I was not comfy on a 2011 at all.. After a 30 min test ride i was ready to jump off! Ya i really dont know what i want to do..

Old 05-15-2012, 03:53 PM
T-Rod45
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pushing 20k on my DX, and the only comfort issue I had on long rides was the bars. Riding non-stop between fill ups, sure my *** might get a little sore, but not much. But I could get a nasty cramp in my shoulder/neck from those drag bars. My new setup should solve that but I've yet to test it further than an hour at a time... Good luck with the trade.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by T-Rod45
I'm pushing 20k on my DX, and the only comfort issue I had on long rides was the bars. Riding non-stop between fill ups, sure my *** might get a little sore, but not much. But I could get a nasty cramp in my shoulder/neck from those drag bars. My new setup should solve that but I've yet to test it further than an hour at a time... Good luck with the trade.
Ya if you change the Drag bars to reduced reach pull backs it will help! I know on the 2012 they changed bars, moved pegs closer, total rear end change which allowed for the way better deeper seat. If i do decide to trade then i have to decide what color! Vivid black or Denim!!LOL

Quick Reply: Trade Lo for 2012 Night rod??