Notices
2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2018 Sport Glides

Old 03-13-2019, 04:32 AM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 146 Likes on 108 Posts

Don't know if anyone has posted this. Calgary Harley Davidson entry to Battle Of The Kings. I'm not usually a fan of the FXRT fairing but it kinda works on the Sport Glide.

Old 03-13-2019, 04:16 PM
HuntWhenever
One Of The Regulars
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Some results from my Heritage Shock upgrade test ride I posted in the 2018+ Softail forum...

"Rode about 100 miles today spread over interstate, highways, twisty backroads, and rough backroads. The Heritage shock is excellent. There is more going on than just an extra inch of travel...the damping seems to be much better also. The chassis is better in every way...rough roads are smoother, turn in is better, lean angle is a little bit better (not much), even braking has less chassis movement. The bike glides over expansion joints in the interstate at 80 MPH. The bike handles corners great. I rode StRt 350 as hard as I did on my Super Tenere. All went well except one particular uphill switchback where I buried the right peg into the road. Scary...but manageable."

The bike feels "right". This is how I wish the bike handled from the showroom floor. By far the best improvement I've done to the rig.

The following users liked this post:
dceggert (03-24-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 05:48 PM
polbit
Senior Rider
Received 84 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by HuntWhenever View Post
Some results from my Heritage Shock upgrade test ride I posted in the 2018+ Softail forum...

"Rode about 100 miles today spread over interstate, highways, twisty backroads, and rough backroads. The Heritage shock is excellent. There is more going on than just an extra inch of travel...the damping seems to be much better also. The chassis is better in every way...rough roads are smoother, turn in is better, lean angle is a little bit better (not much), even braking has less chassis movement. The bike glides over expansion joints in the interstate at 80 MPH. The bike handles corners great. I rode StRt 350 as hard as I did on my Super Tenere. All went well except one particular uphill switchback where I buried the right peg into the road. Scary...but manageable."

The bike feels "right". This is how I wish the bike handled from the showroom floor. By far the best improvement I've done to the rig.
Awesome to hear, my Visa thanks you!

Old 03-14-2019, 03:52 PM
HuntWhenever
One Of The Regulars

For anyone wanting more details on my Heritage Shock swap, I started another thread in the Tech Forum section...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/frame...l#post18105087

Belloc42 (03-14-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 10:37 AM
Islandsoftail
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat choices

Hi all,
I really like my sport glide so far. Itís still all original.
I have the removal back rest for my wifeís comfort, but itís not going to be enough. I need a better pillion seat.
The Sundowner is okay. I like the idea of a two piece. Wider pillion gets mounted for two up only when needed, and run around with the solo when itís just me. Plus you can get a backrest for the driver in the two piece. Has anyone fitted a mustang or Corbin to their sport glide? Got pics?

Last edited by Islandsoftail; 03-24-2019 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:21 PM
Belloc42
One Of The Regulars
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Got that Heritage Classic rear shock with the intention of putting on my Sport Glide, but decided to leave as is, so I put it up on the classifieds for what I paid for it if anyone else wants to make the swap:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/stock...ear-shock.html

Old 03-24-2019, 10:41 PM
HuntWhenever
One Of The Regulars

Originally Posted by Belloc42 View Post
Got that Heritage Classic rear shock with the intention of putting on my Sport Glide, but decided to leave as is, so I put it up on the classifieds for what I paid for it if anyone else wants to make the swap:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/stock...ear-shock.html
Looks like you got a pretty good deal on it. Just curious...what made you change your mind?

Old 03-25-2019, 08:37 AM
Belloc42
One Of The Regulars
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HuntWhenever View Post
Looks like you got a pretty good deal on it. Just curious...what made you change your mind?
I saw some pics of a Sport Glide with a 1" rear shock extension and it made more difference than I expected. I'm pretty happy with the height.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:30 AM
FatBabyBoy
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Sundowner seat on Sport Glide

Sundowner

Stock

Sundowner

PaterAnt (03-31-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 01:23 PM
HuntWhenever
One Of The Regulars

Originally Posted by FatBabyBoy View Post
Sundowner

Sundowner
I am seriously considering a Sundowner for my Sport Glide (local shop is getting one in for me to look at). The weather will soon be within the wife's tolerable range, and I need a replacement for the pathetic stock passenger seat.
Does the Sundowner move you any further back (away from the bars) as far as you can tell?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 Sport Glides

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: