2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2018 Sport Glides

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 03:41 PM
FatBabyBoy
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HuntWhenever
I am seriously considering a Sundowner for my Sport Glide (local shop is getting one in for me to look at). The weather will soon be within the wife's tolerable range, and I need a replacement for the pathetic stock passenger seat.
Does the Sundowner move you any further back (away from the bars) as far as you can tell?
what I can tell it moves me forward just a bit, because it locks my butt in the seat better and gives me better back support. It does cause my OCD a stir with the 1/2 inch gap between the tank and seat as others have often pointed out. Also the more defined slope for me gives me and my wife a more comfortable feel. She sits more with her legs at my kidneys instead of right on my lower back. I am 6’ and she is 5’ 5”. And the bike already has great suspension but this seat absorbs a lot more bumps that get through and adds more to the Glide feel on the road. I am getting the tour pack too it is on back order along with my extreme air cleaner.

Old 03-25-2019, 06:47 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior
Received 862 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBabyBoy
what I can tell it moves me forward just a bit, because it locks my butt in the seat better and gives me better back support. It does cause my OCD a stir with the 1/2 inch gap between the tank and seat as others have often pointed out. Also the more defined slope for me gives me and my wife a more comfortable feel. She sits more with her legs at my kidneys instead of right on my lower back. I am 6’ and she is 5’ 5”. And the bike already has great suspension but this seat absorbs a lot more bumps that get through and adds more to the Glide feel on the road. I am getting the tour pack too it is on back order along with my extreme air cleaner.
Forward is good...I didn't want to be any further back. Hopefully the shop will have it in sometime this week. Thanks for the feedback!

Old 03-27-2019, 08:44 PM
EHarr30
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default She's a beaut!

Originally Posted by Sportglideguy
I love mine. 3000 miles so far and couldn’t be happier. I’ve done a couple mods.
stage one with tab performance slip on , zombie baffle
handelbars
black turn signals and levers
heated grips
harley 5” screen blacked out

Now this is a beautiful bike! I am in the process of looking at different Softails to buy. I think I have settled on getting a Sports Glide and only had concerns because I didn't know how it would look with the upgrades I wanted to add. You have solved all of that concern. This basically exactly what I want to do with mine. What type of Tbars did you get and what size? I am 6'2 and want my arms right about shoulder height or a little lower.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:41 PM
Daedalus1066
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Sportglideguy
I love mine. 3000 miles so far and couldn’t be happier. I’ve done a couple mods.
stage one with tab performance slip on , zombie baffle
handelbars
black turn signals and levers
heated grips
harley 5” screen blacked out

What Handlebars are those... Kinda what I am looking for. `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `

Old 03-29-2019, 04:32 PM
THE_ELECTRICIAN
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Just love it!!!!!!

I bought a 2019 and have been out with it only three times but I'm smiling from ear to ear. It just does so much. It satisfies my need for a muscle cruiser. It corners as if on rails. It is modern looking but has lots of old style grunt to it. Looks great with or without the bags and fairing. I am absolutely delighted with the performance of this chassis and the M8. This bike compromises nothing. It gives you everything. I love it.

The following 2 users liked this post by THE_ELECTRICIAN:
sportglide (04-28-2019), wittangamo (03-31-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 04:53 PM
Belloc42
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by THE_ELECTRICIAN
I bought a 2019 and have been out with it only three times but I'm smiling from ear to ear. It just does so much. It satisfies my need for a muscle cruiser. It corners as if on rails. It is modern looking but has lots of old style grunt to it. Looks great with or without the bags and fairing. I am absolutely delighted with the performance of this chassis and the M8. This bike compromises nothing. It gives you everything. I love it.
Ditto, and congrats!

Old 03-31-2019, 12:58 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior
Received 862 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by HuntWhenever
Remaining modifications planned...
- second RAM mount cup holder (awaiting installation)
- Joker Machine mini floorboards (just ordered)
- install Heritage rear shock (currently en route)
- Custom Designs ProBeams front turn signals
- more saddle for passenger
- passenger grab rails of some sort
- side case guards of some sort
- lower wind deflectors of some sort
I've gotten a few more things done. Heritage shock is installed and working like a dream. Mini floorboards installed and very comfortable. Lower wind deflectors fab'd and painted (rough draft anyway) and installed...working good.

Last edited by HuntWhenever; 03-31-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:21 PM
riggpigg
Club Member
Received 263 Likes on 109 Posts

Bought this in January, finally got it home, haven't ridden it much. I made a few changes to it. I think it will be a fun ride.

The following 2 users liked this post by riggpigg:
GPHDXLC (03-29-2021), sportglide (04-28-2019)
Old 04-01-2019, 12:46 PM
Belloc42
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by riggpigg

Bought this in January, finally got it home, haven't ridden it much. I made a few changes to it. I think it will be a fun ride.
Love that orange.

The following users liked this post:
sportglide (04-28-2019)
Old 04-01-2019, 02:05 PM
FatBabyBoy
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by riggpigg

what shield are you using? It has a nice flare/flair

The following users liked this post:
THE_ELECTRICIAN (12-18-2019)

Quick Reply: 2018 Sport Glides