2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2018 Sport Glides

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 09:16 PM
THE_ELECTRICIAN
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I notice you have hand guards on your bike. I purchased the Memphis Shades hand guards and installed them on my 2019 SG. The clutch side did not fit properly. It was jammed hard against the signal light and would have bent the mounting tab if I force tightened it. I tried to adjust the signal light but that didn't work. To give me the slightest clearance the signal light had to be positioned facing in a downward direction. That's not the proper way to aim a signal light that you count on for visibility. I ended up removing the hand guards. They are sitting in a box in my garage. First purchase from this company and probably my last. Are your hand guards made by Memphis Shades? Did you have a similar experience and if so how did you overcome it?

Old 04-01-2019, 10:07 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior
Received 861 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by THE_ELECTRICIAN
I notice you have hand guards on your bike. I purchased the Memphis Shades hand guards and installed them on my 2019 SG. The clutch side did not fit properly. It was jammed hard against the signal light and would have bent the mounting tab if I force tightened it. I tried to adjust the signal light but that didn't work. To give me the slightest clearance the signal light had to be positioned facing in a downward direction. That's not the proper way to aim a signal light that you count on for visibility. I ended up removing the hand guards. They are sitting in a box in my garage. First purchase from this company and probably my last. Are your hand guards made by Memphis Shades? Did you have a similar experience and if so how did you overcome it?
I ordered my handguards from Memphis Shades, and picked the Sport Glide specific model. I had no issues installing them. I made some minor adjustments to my turn signals to mate up with the cut-out in the handguards...maybe less than 5 degrees.

The following users liked this post:
sportglide (04-28-2019)
Old 04-01-2019, 11:52 PM
riggpigg
Club Member
Received 263 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBabyBoy
what shield are you using? It has a nice flare/flair

That's a Klockwerks , I think.....6".....I'm guessing if Id go taller it would cause a problem with the mounting/fairing......stress???? This is definitely better than the stock piece..

Old 04-02-2019, 04:54 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by THE_ELECTRICIAN
I grabbed a couple reference images of my clutch-side installation.

OldMike (04-15-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 05:32 PM
THE_ELECTRICIAN
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Your guards look good. I will have to look at this again. Thanks for the reply and the pics.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:05 PM
Belloc42
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Keep waiting to get a pic of the bike when it's clean, but I don't seem to be able to stay out of the rain long enough for that to happen. Corbin Widowmaker seat (wife was along, so HD quick-detach sissy bar), and Heritage footboards (Fat Boy mounts, since Heritage ones are too short to clear the pipe on the right side).

Attached Thumbnails 2018 Sport Glides-img_20190414_191627.jpg  
sportglide (04-28-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 05:30 AM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Belloc42
...and Heritage footboards (Fat Boy mounts, since Heritage ones are too short to clear the pipe on the right side).
Floorboards on an FL model? Weird.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:48 AM
Belloc42
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by HuntWhenever
Floorboards on an FL model? Weird.
I checked with Mama and she said it'd be ok, just this once

Actually, there's a whole thread of heretics boarding FL's like they don't even care: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...t-glide-5.html

Old 04-15-2019, 01:53 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Belloc42
I checked with Mama and she said it'd be ok, just this once

Actually, there's a whole thread of heretics boarding FL's like they don't even care: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...t-glide-5.html
When will the madness stop!

Old 04-23-2019, 10:11 AM
Jack S.
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone got any comments good or bad about the Klockwerks flare windshield. I'm thinking about getting one but not sure how well it works and if it handles the freeway speed.

Last edited by Jack S.; 04-23-2019 at 10:57 AM. Reason: ammending post

Quick Reply: 2018 Sport Glides