2018 Sport Glides

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 01:00 AM
Daedalus1066
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicagowin
Wild1 chubby 8in pullback drag bars.

Ok thanks, I wanted the 10" now I really really want them!!!!!

Old 06-02-2019, 10:04 AM
Cage Free
Tourer
Received 170 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by nocolon
I came to this thread to see if others had put taller bars on their bikes and how it looked with the lil' baby fairing, and now I don't know if I can make it to the end of the day without buying some for mine.
12" fat mini apes w/ fat ape riser. At 5'10" I thought the 16" were too tall (hands above my shoulders). I ended up breaking two sets of oem riser posts trying to fit the bars. It just didn't work out but it led to me buying the fat bar risers that are 4" and the grips landed perfectly at my shoulder height. All in all happy with the result. Last time I used the fairing was to ride over to AZ bike week. Still sitting in the garage covered in bugs.

Old 06-02-2019, 10:20 AM
Atitagain
Cruiser

Received 101 Likes on 53 Posts

Just one question, do you find it difficult to counter steer with the higher bars? I've never ridden a bike with taller bars like yours. Thanks

Old 06-02-2019, 12:51 PM
Cage Free
Tourer

Originally Posted by Atitagain
Just one question, do you find it difficult to counter steer with the higher bars? I've never ridden a bike with taller bars like yours. Thanks
I was surprised to find the input more sensitive than with the stock bars. I upgraded the riser bushings from rubber to urethane. The bars came with solid aluminum bushings. I went with the urethane thinking they might mitigate some vibration. I guess if I felt input wasn't up to par I could throw in the solid bushings. Never had apes before so not really sure if my experience is typical. I seem to have to work the front wheel a tad more at uber slow speeds (like sub 5mph) to maintain balance. I also noticed I tend to pull as much as push now when going through big sweepers. Not sure if this is just something that comes with the different riding position or something else. Overall I feel the upgrade was an improvement.

Old 06-02-2019, 12:57 PM
Atitagain
Cruiser

Received 101 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Cage Free
I was surprised to find the input more sensitive than with the stock bars. I upgraded the riser bushings from rubber to urethane. The bars came with solid aluminum bushings. I went with the urethane thinking they might mitigate some vibration. I guess if I felt input wasn't up to par I could throw in the solid bushings. Never had apes before so not really sure if my experience is typical. I seem to have to work the front wheel a tad more at uber slow speeds (like sub 5mph) to maintain balance. I also noticed I tend to pull as much as push now when going through big sweepers. Not sure if this is just something that comes with the different riding position or something else. Overall I feel the upgrade was an improvement.
Thank you for your reply.

Old 06-03-2019, 02:00 PM
LockednLoaded
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the phone holder you're using there and do you like it?

Old 06-03-2019, 02:15 PM
Cage Free
Tourer

^^ If you're asking me, it's a Ram X mount. I bought it in a hurry to take on a trip. The problem I ran into is I have an iphone 6s and the grippers hit right where all the buttons are on the phone. I have to grip the phone to the extreme on one end or the other. It did it's job on the trip though and holds the phone securely. I think I'd prefer one that just grips the phone in the middle.

The following users liked this post:
LockednLoaded (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 02:53 PM
LockednLoaded
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cage Free
^^ If you're asking me, it's a Ram X mount. I bought it in a hurry to take on a trip. The problem I ran into is I have an iphone 6s and the grippers hit right where all the buttons are on the phone. I have to grip the phone to the extreme on one end or the other. It did it's job on the trip though and holds the phone securely. I think I'd prefer one that just grips the phone in the middle.
I was and thank you, appreciate the feedback! If anyone is using something they like please share, I need a good option where I can view my navigation while riding.

Old 06-03-2019, 03:37 PM
107" Vibrator
Intermediate
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LockednLoaded
I was and thank you, appreciate the feedback! If anyone is using something they like please share, I need a good option where I can view my navigation while riding.
I use a Kuryakyn mount meant for mounting on the hand controls. Didn't like having my phone sticking up off one side so I used a 1 1/4" p clamp and mounted it right in between the 4" risers I installed. Works very well and keeps my phone out of the sun (mostly).

The following users liked this post:
LockednLoaded (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 08:47 PM
dastreetglide
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 19 Sport Glide

Got a new sport Glide June 1st. I am absolutely impressed with it's ride and handling , it's a sport bike with Harley Tins. Ride better than the road glide I traded for it . Only complaints so far , it's needs an oil cooler guard ,why did Harley not put one on it. Big mistake. The other is the tiny wind shield . But I understand what they were doing with this bike . For a Softail , it could be called a Sport bike . Love it.

The following 3 users liked this post by dastreetglide:
107" Vibrator (06-04-2019), Belloc42 (06-03-2019), HuntWhenever (06-03-2019)

Quick Reply: 2018 Sport Glides