2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything Fat Bob Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 02:16 PM
malfvnction
Cruiser
Received 70 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Wiley Scootch
Malfvnction, very food looking bike. Its gonna pull it all together with a different exhaust. How about that sissy bar, is it custom or would you mind sharing where you picked it up?
Custom sissy bar. Cut apart a stock HD quick connect to use the mounting hardware.

Old 10-07-2019, 02:45 PM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,717 Likes on 890 Posts

Originally Posted by malfvnction
11" Windshield. No buffeting, air coming off fairing is pretty clean.
Sweet. That's the size I wanted, and the info I was hoping to here.

Thanks!

Old 10-19-2019, 08:48 PM
wilsonburger
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great, thinking about adding the same to mine, other than it is gloss black. I'd be interested in how well it helps keep air off your at 60+

Old 10-20-2019, 09:59 AM
Klr7626
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by malfvnction
Weekend Project. Painted and installed new Memphis Shades Road Warrior Faring and Handguards. Only thing left for now for me is a 2-1 Pipe.

Looks good!! Did you paint it yourself or take it to a shop?

Old 10-20-2019, 11:25 AM
Wiley Scootch
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey yall. Any idea if we can run the bags from the Sport Glide on the Fat Bob? I have a few exhaust ideas in my mind but, i may go with something like the V&H ShortShots if i can have these bags on my FXFB. My opinion, these bags fit the design of the fat bob really well. If anyone has done it, id be happy to see.

Old 10-20-2019, 11:38 AM
Bowhunter8607
Road Warrior
Received 417 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by Wiley Scootch
Hey yall. Any idea if we can run the bags from the Sport Glide on the Fat Bob? I have a few exhaust ideas in my mind but, i may go with something like the V&H ShortShots if i can have these bags on my FXFB. My opinion, these bags fit the design of the fat bob really well. If anyone has done it, id be happy to see.
Haven't seen that but Leather Pros has some really nice bags that look good on the Fat Bob and are expandable. They look like they expand to be quite a bit larger than the Sport Glide bags and look better in my opinion.

Check them out. There are other versions. These are just the ones I've been looking at and considering.

https://leatherpros.com/ez-mount-ret...ab-description

Old 10-21-2019, 08:57 AM
malfvnction
Cruiser
Received 70 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Klr7626
Looks good!! Did you paint it yourself or take it to a shop?
Ordered Colorite Rattle Can kit and did it myself. Have one small run on the underside that you cant see. Just takes patience and time.

Originally Posted by wilsonburger
Looks great, thinking about adding the same to mine, other than it is gloss black. I'd be interested in how well it helps keep air off your at 60+
With the 11" the air coming off the top hits me square in the eyes. With a full face I don't feel it. The wind is clean, no buffeting for me. I have a 15" also and the wind hits right at top of head. It keeps most of the air off your body.

Old 10-21-2019, 05:29 PM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,717 Likes on 890 Posts

Anyone seen leaking from their oil cooler on the front?

Was sitting in traffic yesterday and noticed some white smoke and a slight odor. Front looks "wet" in an area, but can't see anything leaking. It's pretty dirty from riding in bad weather though... Not sure if it's an actual leak or something else. Will look at it soon.

Just thought I'd throw it out there... Maybe I picked up a rock and tossed it into the radiator coils??? That short fender doesn't provide much protection on the front or the back...

The following users liked this post:
Bowhunter8607 (10-22-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 09:55 AM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan D.
Anyone seen leaking from their oil cooler on the front?

Was sitting in traffic yesterday and noticed some white smoke and a slight odor. Front looks "wet" in an area, but can't see anything leaking. It's pretty dirty from riding in bad weather though... Not sure if it's an actual leak or something else. Will look at it soon.

Just thought I'd throw it out there... Maybe I picked up a rock and tossed it into the radiator coils??? That short fender doesn't provide much protection on the front or the back...
Yeah, I just swapped mine out a couple days ago. Only thing I can think of is a rock must of hit it. I have some mesh/expanded metal that I'm going to cut and insert behind the cooler cover, seen a few do it for looks, but can see it helping to protect the cooler too.

The following users liked this post:
Bowhunter8607 (10-22-2019)
Old 10-25-2019, 01:46 PM
Gar1414
Cruiser
Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Who knows factory axle size? My caliper battery died or I’d already know lol. Thanks

Quick Reply: The Everything Fat Bob Thread