Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Auto tune basic tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 02:11 PM
moose545
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by T^2
The first mistake here is thinking that "Auto Tune" is actually "tuning" your bike. It doesn't. Thinking that "Auto Tune" will make all the necessary changes for new cams and intakes "automatically"? Not likely. The PV is a tool. Understanding what the tool can, and cannot, do is important to using it effectively. "Auto Tune" is primarily an attempt to calibrate the VE tables. That's it. Well at least on Sporty's. On BT's - if I remember correctly - it''ll take advantage of the knock sensors and make some (minor) timing adjustments.

Sounds to me like you need a map that's been created for the changes you made (or that is pretty close). I might call Jamie at Fuel Moto. He might have what you need and might be able to guide you through.

Otherwise you might want to find a competent/professional tuner.
Good info and explanation, where abouts in MD are you these days, I'm just across the river pretty much. Curious what your riding and how you PV is tuned since mine's arriving today!