Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M8 problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 12:41 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,488 Likes on 1,544 Posts

i went though a buy back with an auto. with multiple problems. a friend of my brother-in-law who is a dealer told me to go in a demand the full purchase price of the vehicle back. he said to stand my ground they had to give it to me. well let me tell you, once i did this the game changed for the better. had a check in my hands 30 days later for the full purchase price minus seven cents a mile. the car only had 7000 miles on it, so it wasn't to bad. the dealer and GM gave me the run around for quite some time before all this took place. as long as the vehicle is under warrenty you have a case. sure was glad to get rid of that piece of crap car. moral of the story is you can do it, it's no fun but can be done. stay on them.

Last edited by hardheaded; 10-15-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-15-2016, 05:51 PM
fourburgs
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Just got a PO152 code . cleared it and hasnt returned yet . anyone else get this code ?

Old 10-15-2016, 08:57 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Problems with them can cause the PCM to add or take away too much fuel based on the faulty o2 sensor voltage.A P0152 code refers to the Bank 2, sensor 1, o2 sensor.... The O2 sensor varies the supplied reference voltage based on oxygen content in the exhaust.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:51 PM
traildog
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 702 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
Problems with them can cause the PCM to add or take away too much fuel based on the faulty o2 sensor voltage.A P0152 code refers to the Bank 2, sensor 1, o2 sensor.... The O2 sensor varies the supplied reference voltage based on oxygen content in the exhaust.
could also mean it's getting ready to BLOWED UP

Old 10-16-2016, 06:52 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Noooooooo .................. That would never happen ................ It is a Harley-Davidson after all .....................

Old 10-17-2016, 08:02 AM
wingfoot
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Well it happened to me.... I thought I was going to have one that was trouble free. This weekend I rode it about 450 miles having a blast. I have about 1100 miles total and was ready to do my oil change this week.

I pulled into a station to take a bathroom break and a car didn't see me and was backing out so I honked the horn - it sounded like a wounded duck!!

Yes I know the M8 has Horn problems too! I plan to take it in for warranty replacement. I have relocated my floorboards and the Tour Pak, hope they don't deny my warranty

Hope I don't jinks myself..... Loving this thing!

Old 10-17-2016, 08:34 AM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by wingfoot
Well it happened to me.... I thought I was going to have one that was trouble free. This weekend I rode it about 450 miles having a blast. I have about 1100 miles total and was ready to do my oil change this week.

I pulled into a station to take a bathroom break and a car didn't see me and was backing out so I honked the horn - it sounded like a wounded duck!!

Yes I know the M8 has Horn problems too! I plan to take it in for warranty replacement. I have relocated my floorboards and the Tour Pak, hope they don't deny my warranty

Hope I don't jinks myself..... Loving this thing!
Loving mine too. Had the dealer give mine a good look over the other day, checked the oil, clear, no leaks, oil level right on the money. Have 1,100 miles so far, first service in about 1 week. I will keep an eye on my bike but worth the "risk" of a new motor and suspension at least to me. Have seen oil leak posts which sucks, but so far I have been lucky. Besides someone needs to wring out these new motors for everyone waiting for 2 years to get one with all issues fixed. They should thank us. I don't know about everyone else but everyday I wake up is a gift and I want to ride my M8. Thanks for the post.

The following users liked this post:
captbob (10-18-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 10:19 AM
Just Nick
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

My customer called me today and said that the dealer replaced the cam in his bike at 162 miles on it but they did not want to give him any paper work on the repair. When they did finally give him the paper work it had 2 qts of formula on it then he told me that when the bike started acting up at only 162 miles it would make a grinding noise and he could pull the clutch lever in and it would go away but also that when it would make the noise the idle would go up to 1100rpm. He is not happy about this and they told him that the build date was in june and HD said there was a bad batch of cams back then and all they did was change the cam out. He is going back there to pick up his plate today and is going to ask more questions about what they actually did to his bike he feels like they are lying to him because of the formula on the paperwork. Has anyone else heard about a bad batch of cams for the M8?

Old 10-18-2016, 04:20 PM
hikervt
Banned
Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Nick
My customer called me today and said that the dealer replaced the cam in his bike at 162 miles on it but they did not want to give him any paper work on the repair. When they did finally give him the paper work it had 2 qts of formula on it then he told me that when the bike started acting up at only 162 miles it would make a grinding noise and he could pull the clutch lever in and it would go away but also that when it would make the noise the idle would go up to 1100rpm. He is not happy about this and they told him that the build date was in june and HD said there was a bad batch of cams back then and all they did was change the cam out. He is going back there to pick up his plate today and is going to ask more questions about what they actually did to his bike he feels like they are lying to him because of the formula on the paperwork. Has anyone else heard about a bad batch of cams for the M8?
I've been trying to watch all the different forums close. This is the first I've heard anything about a "bad batch of cams". Sounds like someone got a line as their problem was being shotgun.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:00 AM
Just Nick
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by hikervt
I've been trying to watch all the different forums close. This is the first I've heard anything about a "bad batch of cams". Sounds like someone got a line as their problem was being shotgun.

My thoughts exactly the dealer in question does not have a good track record to begin with.

Quick Reply: M8 problems