Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fullsac MX Header pipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 04:38 PM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Check out the Fuel Moto website as well. They have multiple Dyno charts showing the differences at each step of change.. ie.. Stock improved, stock exhaust... Stock headpipe with Aftermarket Mufflers... their 2-1-2 head pipe with aftermarket mufflers.. and much more.

The improves you see will definitely help steer your direction.

https://www.fuelmotousa.com/p-33193-dyno-charts.html

Old 04-30-2018, 08:21 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,958 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Originally Posted by JShep70
They did a baseline, put the exhaust on and 5 more runs and tuned it in about 30 minutes?
No. First run was with the Fullsac exhaust already on the bike, before the tune.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:54 PM
STRADALE
Cruiser
Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts

Been running FullSac on my 16 CVO SG (+ TechnoResearch tune & Rinehart mufflers) last 2 seasons & very happy w/ the performance,,,sound & the ceramic coating feels like its doing its job of keeping things much cooler, eliminating the cat adds to that I’m sure. They offered the TC DX in either stainless & ceramic coated, so far only see stainless for the M8. If I go w/ an M8 going w/ FullSac.

For the TC’s FullSac calls it the DX & MX for the M8 but same design. List for the DX was $599, I paid $550 at Rosas Performance when I did the dyno tune.....$699 for what you’re getting is a flat out fair deal imo.

Btw: FullSac also makes what they call a “sportpipe” @ just $399 for the TC’s which is the same design as FuelMotos, oem crossover & no X collector.

Old 05-08-2018, 03:22 PM
abadley
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by bf2002flht
I went with the Fullsac MX Header on my new 2018 SGS. The build quality of this stainless pipe looked excellent right out of the box. I have done many pipe installs over the years and I can tell to this header "fell" right on. I have had to twist, angle, rotate various header pipe designs on in the past to get them on. This header went on like it was a factory piece with out a hitch. Heat shields fit perfect as well. I had Steve put his cores in my factory mufflers during a ride through Arizona before getting the header just a few days after getting my bike. Now Heavy Breather, Fullsac header and 2" cores, and TTS tuner... Running great. Thanks to both Mr. George and Mr. Cole.
How do you like this setup? Did Steve wrap the baffles when he recored your OEM mufflers? I just bought a 2018 RGS and ordered the Fullsac MX header along with the 2.0" OEM recore kit and I'm curios on the sound of the bike. Going to be a week or so before the parts are in so I'm anxiously waiting trying to find sound clips of this setup.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:05 PM
abadley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Harsh1828
I'm getting a set of MX and Rinehart 45's later this week, I'll keep you posted on the sound.
Did you get the MX head pipe and Rinehart 45's? If so, how do you like the setup? Any sound clips?

Old 05-23-2018, 08:48 PM
04ctd
Banned

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts

FWIW, it looks like V&H moved the O2 Sensors up much nearer to the exhaust ports on their later head pipes.

IDK if that makes a huge difference when doing Auto Tunes?

it still used the adapter ports, but the O2 sensors should be out in the air stream enough to work properly?

Old 05-24-2018, 10:38 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,431 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Originally Posted by 04ctd
FWIW, it looks like V&H moved the O2 Sensors up much nearer to the exhaust ports on their later head pipes.

IDK if that makes a huge difference when doing Auto Tunes?

it still used the adapter ports, but the O2 sensors should be out in the air stream enough to work properly?
In order for an O2 sensor to CORRECTLY read and report what is in the exhaust the sensor itself has to be in the exhaust flow! If it is not you are never going to get correct readings. Those company's placing the old 18mm large O2 sensor mounting bungs then adding an adapter to them for the smaller 12mm O2 sensor should be all taken out and lineup and shot. IMHO if that's what they are trying to sell you run (not walk)away and find a properly made exhaust system!

The following users liked this post:
Eccool (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 12:27 PM
abadley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
In order for an O2 sensor to CORRECTLY read and report what is in the exhaust the sensor itself has to be in the exhaust flow! If it is not you are never going to get correct readings. Those company's placing the old 18mm large O2 sensor mounting bungs then adding an adapter to them for the smaller 12mm O2 sensor should be all taken out and lineup and shot. IMHO if that's what they are trying to sell you run (not walk)away and find a properly made exhaust system!
So is a fullsac mx head pipe a properly made exhaust system? I hope so... that's what I ordered for my bike.

Old 05-28-2018, 10:13 AM
RoadhouseRG
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave
You will be hard pressed to beat the performance of the Fullsac MX head pipe on an M8. My 18 CVO road glide has had the following done to it. Fullsac MX head pipe, Fullsac 2.25 muffler cores, with the tech mat, TTS tuner and a full dyno tune. Talk about a good gain from just a good exhaust.

Dave, just traded my 09 CVO Road Glide for a 18 CVO Road Glide.......did you have Fullsac redo your stock mufflers and used them or did you go with different slip ons? I had the V&H power duals and OS 4.5 slips ons on my 09, sounded great, good numbers on the dyno on the 09, 94HP and 112TQ with the SE race tuner. I was leaning towards the V&H power duals again and S&S MK45's. Thanks

Old 05-29-2018, 07:58 PM
SPA
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True duals or crossover

Originally Posted by Steve Cole

With a preference of sound and performance being close to equal, what are the pros and cons between true duals and crossover systems such as FULLSAC MX ?

not sure which way to turn. Want to spend what I have to to achieve, but do it only once and be happy with it. I will be modifying my M8 with a stage 4 kit, but using a stage 3 498 cam.

Quick Reply: Fullsac MX Header pipe