Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Ride Shield VS. Clearview Recurve

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 02:44 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clearview Recurve vs Long Ride Shield comparison

Here it is as promised. Both shields are 8" with top curve. The first 3 pics are the Long Ride in Dark, last 3 are Clearview in Black. I have used both for near 100 miles and didn't notice any difference in air flow, both doing well. The fit of both is perfect. The thickness of both seem exactly the same. The flexibility is close but I have to say the Clearview seems less flexible. The finish is smooth on the edges of both. The smoothness of the surface is better on the Long Ride. The Clearview is a bit wider on the bottom. The Long Ride has a slightly bigger top curve. The cost difference shipped was $22 with Long Ride the cheaper. The Long Ride arrived 5 days after ordered, the Clearview 7 weeks after ordered (1 week later than promised).

Last edited by ezriderpgh; 08-13-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:23 PM
loc
Cruiser

I just put 4200 miles on a longride10.5 inch for a Sturgis Trip. Worked well in my eyes.

Actually I had a slight flaw in the shield and contacted Longride and they said a new one would be waiting for me when I got back home. Great Customer Service.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:50 AM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

Wow, I thought there would be alot of interest in this subject judging from previous post about shields. 2 days 1 reply, guess I was wrong.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:44 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

I had a 9.5 inch Clearview that I sold for two reasons. Not quite tall enough especially when riding into a headwind. My helmet would lift. Also, the width being narrower than stock allowed for more wind from the sides.
So the longride is even more narrow, meaning it quickly tapers from the side to the top?

Old 08-13-2009, 12:46 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by loc
I just put 4200 miles on a longride10.5 inch for a Sturgis Trip. Worked well in my eyes.

Actually I had a slight flaw in the shield and contacted Longride and they said a new one would be waiting for me when I got back home. Great Customer Service.
I don't recall seeing a 10.5 on their website. I think that's exactly the size I need.
I'll check again.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:57 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i just ordered the 10" longride shield the first part of this week. it should be here, next week, as i sent them a money order a couple of days ago. screw the idea of waiting 7 weeks for a windshield. i'm going to install it on my 08 streetglide, and am looking forward to a nice improvement over the harley davidson 10" electraglide short shield. seven weeks to get a windshield? looks like longride shields is gonna be blowin clearview out of the water. i'm looking towards the longride with the flip, to raise the windstream a bit higher than the harley shield which has no flip to it. they seem to really enhance the cool factor of the batwing fairing indeed, in my opinion too.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:06 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

matt at longride shields, sure was quick with replying to my emails, and seems very professional in his approach to customer satisfaction. i look for that company to really become the big boy on the block, as they have a product that you're not waiting two months to get, and they definately don't ignore you when you got questions, either on the phone or in emails. the klockwerks shield was out of the question for me. aesthetically, to me they look like a windshield that sat out under the sun and melted into a distorted shape. so, for me, it's longrider shield. the fact that it's gonna be here in a week is a huge bonus. clearview= seven weeks, yeow, in that amount of time i can change my mind on a lot of things.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Homebrew101
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I called Clearview yesterday to see what they had in blems in the shield I was looking for, 10.5 inch clear w/recurve. They are shipping one today, if the blem is too much for my taste I can exchange and just pay to ship it back otherwise I saved 20%.

BTW, he did have some non-blem shields in stock for immediate shipping even though there is a blanket 3-4 week statement on their website so it might not hurt to call them if you're considering a new shield.

If they didn't have anything suitable for me I would have ordered a Longride shield instead.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:11 PM
slick10
Road Master

I just ordered the 6 inch in dark grey from Long Ride to replace the stock one on my 09. I'm really looking forward to it!

Old 08-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok you are 2/3 of the way there. Now get a Windvest and compare the three.

Quick Reply: Long Ride Shield VS. Clearview Recurve