Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Ultra purchase

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 05:04 AM
Capt.Bob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Ultra purchase

I have been looking at an 06 Ultra with a little over 2K on the clock. It is a Shrine trade in at my local dealer. They have all the maint. records on the bike and beyond one oil change there is nothing on it. I got stung really bad on my 07 Ultra when I sold it so am a little leary on this one. Was there any issues on the 06's that I should be aware of? The bike was put into service on 10/05/05 so there is a little over a year left on the warranty. BTW I have already pointed out some bolts that were missing on the bike. The dealer said he would correct that before delivery. Thanks

Old 10-29-2006, 05:25 AM
IndyRider
Road Captain
Default RE: 06 Ultra purchase

Bob, I was thinking just a few days ago about how you came out on that 07 Fireman's bike. Too bad you had so much trouble with it.

I have an 06 RK that I bought new in June of this year. So far no problems at all. Mine was one of the last 06 builds so it already had the larger injectors and some other minor fixes that were added to the line as production went along.

The one you are looking at looks like it may have been built early in the production run since it was put into service in 10/05.

I guess if it were me and I could find a 06 that was build in the last part of this year I would go for it even if it had a few more miles on it. Check the injector thing on the one you are looking at. There is some info on the board somewhere on how to look at the part number on the injector to tell if it is the new ones.

Good luck.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:18 PM
rollover
Road Captain

Once I had my injectors swapped out, not one single issue since. I love my 06. As I just posted in another thread, I was at a demo day at the dealer recently and turned down their offer to take an 07 for a spin.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: rollover

Once I had my injectors swapped out, not one single issue since. I love my 06.
Same here. Build date on my Classic is july '06. My dealer swapped out the original 8 degree injectors for 25 degree and the coughing and stalling went away. My bike has slipons, air cleaner, and stage one download. Part of the injector replacement was a re-flash of the bikes ECM to match the 25's. Except for some decel popping, which I really don't mind, the bike runs great. Other than that, I have had no issues worth mentioning.

Old 10-29-2006, 01:14 PM
ricaroo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got an 06 ultra that runs great, I get on average 45 mpg (completly stock) I got the bike in June 06 it came with the 25 degree injectors already installed. When I first picked it up it coughed a little at cold start, I now let it run a couple of min when its cold while I put my helmet on and have not had a problem at all

I had an 03 flstc/i before and I don't miss it this bike is the *****. I have a few miles over 5,000 on it so far

Rick

Old 11-01-2006, 05:20 AM
Capt.Bob
Tourer

I guess if it were me and I could find a 06 that was build in the last part of this year I would go for it even if it had a few more miles on it. Check the injector thing on the one you are looking at. There is some info on the board somewhere on how to look at the part number on the injector to tell if it is the new ones.
Indyrider, I took your advice. I found an 06 with an April build date. I has a few more miles on it and it was owned by a local radio disc jockey. I have been hearing him talk about it ever since he got it. He traded for an 07 because his brother got one. I pick it up today. I may still get an 08 when I can order one if they get bugs fixed on them.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:52 AM
IndyRider
Road Captain

Bob, congratulations on the new bike. Hopefully you will have better luck then with the 07. How could it be worse, right!

Here is a link to a PDF file I found on the board that shows you how to check to see if the injectors have been replaced with the new ones. You cna check the injector part numbers from the left side looking up with a flashlight.

Injector Upgrade

Let's see some pictures of the new bike.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:36 PM
dstockton
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats, I love my 06 Brandywine Ultra. I had a chance to ride an 07 recently and I didn't see enough difference to justify moving up. I had the Stage 1 upgrade done before I took delivery and this bike runs better than my 05 Classic.