2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 09:16 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by DonN
Does anyone have the power cams installed? I am happy with the torque but feel the hp falls off too early. But being HD cams, not sure they would add that much more to an already good motor. A dealer offered me a deal on a set that was returned so am curious. I have the bassani slip ons and a powervision tuner.

I have the SE stage 2 torque cam and the bump was very noticeable. I’d imagine the power cam is too, but the cam itself isn’t expensive - it’s the install labor you’ll notice - so you might as well find a stronger after market cam your power vision can play with. In my case I was maintaining warranty and am happy with the results...with your tuner you might as well go all out.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:36 PM
jwade
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I finally got the JES wind deflectors installed. Now I feel there is more heat around air cleaner. I got the wind deflectors installed on inside of windshield washers. Is this because of that? Their site says "CAN BE MOUNTED OUTSIDE or INSIDE Wind Shield grommets."

Old 08-29-2018, 03:28 PM
kenny55
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by jwade
I finally got the JES wind deflectors installed. Now I feel there is more heat around air cleaner. I got the wind deflectors installed on inside of windshield washers. Is this because of that? Their site says "CAN BE MOUNTED OUTSIDE or INSIDE Wind Shield grommets."
I have the H-D fangs and I mounted them to the outside (per the directions). It's hard to say if the deflectors are truly causing increase in heat for you without actually measuring. Obviously they reduce the air flow coming up from the lower fork area. When mounted to the outside there's a gap for air to hit the engine, but not saying if this is significant or not. I know when I installed my fangs I was overly conscience of the heat from the engine and thought surely there was more heat then there was prior but now after a while of riding and having taken a 3,400 mile road trip to Black Hills I don't think about it anymore.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:21 AM
jrporter
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Not mine yet, but hope it won't be too long.....

The following users liked this post:
moose545 (12-28-2018)
Old 08-31-2018, 03:24 AM
HP1
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
I received and installed my new LeatherPro Saddlebags on my Cherry. I think they look good.

Dressed for a parade!

Yep, there is one on each side.

No lock hasp in the way. Seems to be a little more storage, especialy because of the bump towards the rear adds more usable space.

The install was easy after figuring out the instructions...needs to be a little clearer.
Two bolts replace the Heritage mounting bolts.
No longer need to unbolt the bags to remove.
Easy on /off clamp that locks on and secured with an interior keyed lock.
The cargo straps have hidden easy connect heavy duty plastic clips but the cargo straps could be used by them selves to hold the lid closed with an overstuffed saddlebag.
The lock is very secure using a long curved latching mecanism that hooks into the hasp.
The leather is very HEAVY DUTY and workmanship seems supperb.
Now if those bags were available without the buckles on the sides, I think I would be buying a pair.

Old 08-31-2018, 08:05 AM
army_eod
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 291 Posts

I need a tank pouch for the Heritage so I can have my ID card within easy reach.

Old 08-31-2018, 10:28 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by army_eod
I need a tank pouch for the Heritage so I can have my ID card within easy reach.
You get stopped by the man that often you need your ID at the ready?

The following users liked this post:
RENARELLO (04-13-2020)
Old 08-31-2018, 11:24 AM
A1A
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by army_eod
You could also attach a sun glasses case to the inside of the windscreen and carry your ID in there my friend. Just a thought!
Cheers

Old 08-31-2018, 11:41 AM
army_eod
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by A1A
You could also attach a sun glasses case to the inside of the windscreen and carry your ID in there my friend. Just a thought!
Cheers
this is probably what I will do
I have to show ID to get on the military base where I work.

Old 09-01-2018, 06:50 AM
army_eod
Road Warrior

I ordered a windshield bag from Leatherworks. Great products and service at Leatherworks.

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread