Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sears red jack modification

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 01:54 PM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

anyone replace the ram on their jack yet and what did you use and where you get it from. I have the HF jack same as sears one but the ram suck big time

Old 03-17-2013, 02:01 PM
brownfoxx1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can get a 4x4 lift at harbor freight for about $100.00 when it on sale.
one time i had a 18" piece of 18 gage sheet metal that
i bent the edges down about 1/2" & bolted it on to the jack end
.(with angle-iron sides) worked great......

Old 03-26-2013, 07:06 AM
Cobourg Bonz
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Here ya go...

Out to Out: 19" In to In: 13.5"

Overall difference: 5.5"

Each lift pad: 2.75" wide.

In theory, I suspect the sporty would become more stable on the lift with it's wider stance. Hope it works out for ya.

Down with those damn h-d lift adapters!
Hey Vic
I think I am becoming obsessed with this Jack Mod. I live in Canada and recently bought what appears to be the exact same jack as yours but not from Sears. I placed my pads outboard of the original configuration and I am still too narrow for my liking. I see in post #28 you quoted 19" out to out for your setup. Mine is more like 15 1/2" out to out.
Also my pads are more like 2 1/4" wide as opposed to your 2 3/4" wide. Any idea if maybe the factory that cranks these out has changed the specs?
Thanks for the amazing post. It's guys like you that make these forums worth while.

Randy

Old 03-26-2013, 07:16 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobourg Bonz
Hey Vic
I think I am becoming obsessed with this Jack Mod. I live in Canada and recently bought what appears to be the exact same jack as yours but not from Sears. I placed my pads outboard of the original configuration and I am still too narrow for my liking. I see in post #28 you quoted 19" out to out for your setup. Mine is more like 15 1/2" out to out.
Also my pads are more like 2 1/4" wide as opposed to your 2 3/4" wide. Any idea if maybe the factory that cranks these out has changed the specs?
Thanks for the amazing post. It's guys like you that make these forums worth while.

Randy
If its too narrow grab some 1/2" spacers to be placed between the pad and the lift frame. Do both sides to keep it symmetrical.

Could you post some pics of your setup? I'm sure one of us can make a suggestion that'll help you out.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:53 AM
milesvdustin
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did mine and it works, although I think I need more spacing. I have about 3/4" on each side spaced out, but it still barely wants to rub the oil pan in the back and it hits on the stud in front where the kickstand attaches. Its the bolt head on the inside of the lift arm hitting in front. Damn thing is making me mad now.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Cobourg Bonz
4th Gear

Thanks Vic

Here is the image of my rig. Up in Canada we have this huge retailer called "Canadian Tire" or more affectionately referred to as "Crappy Tire". Thats where this thing came from. I'm thinking it came out of the same factory in China that made your Craftsmen models? As I mentioned as it is now my outside measurements are only 15 1/2". Spacers would bring that to 16 1/2". Is that in line with what other folks are getting?

Not sure why but I am having trouble attaching photo from my computer ..... it wants a URL.....??????

Thanks
Randy

Old 03-26-2013, 11:29 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks Vic

Here is the image of my rig. Up in Canada we have this huge retailer called "Canadian Tire" or more affectionately referred to as "Crappy Tire". Thats where this thing came from. I'm thinking it came out of the same factory in China that made your Craftsmen models? As I mentioned as it is now my outside measurements are only 15 1/2". Spacers would bring that to 16 1/2". Is that in line with what other folks are getting?

Not sure why but I am having trouble attaching photo from my computer ..... it wants a URL.....??????

Thanks
Randy
I think you must have a different jack than this thread revolves around. I use 1/2 inch spacers on both sides and my outside dimension is a bit over 20 inches.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Cobourg Bonz
4th Gear

I figured as much. Seems like my jack may not be able to pull this off. Bummer man. I think I just figured out how to attach a photo. I'm new ... could ya tell?

Attached Thumbnails Sears red jack modification-photo.jpg  
Old 03-26-2013, 12:18 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

I figured as much. Seems like my jack may not be able to pull this off. Bummer man. I think I just figured out how to attach a photo. I'm new ... could ya tell?
Yeah, I see several differences - I think yours looks like a smaller version. At least your able to posts pics now, took me awhile too since I use an Ipad - a few more steps.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:42 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Bonz--If yours is so much narrower, its base will be less stable with the bike on it. I'd look for the Sears unit.

Quick Reply: Sears red jack modification